Normal vs. Sport Mode = totally different car

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's sort of weird with a Roush. Even my build sheet does not say what "package" it is based off of. It has the gauges for Oil Pressure and Vacuum with the turned appearance dash. This points to a PP1 but it just lists the Roush 1 Way Coil Over suspension with height adjustment (manual). It does not have memory seats or the soft touch center tunnel so no 401A certainly. But the build sheet just lists all the Standard Roush Stage 2 kitting, then the option list on the right which for me is the Quad Tip Performance Exhaust (non-active), Billet Pedals, Upgrade to 20" Forged Wheels. Nothing about the GT packages at all. Tried to look at Ford Pass, but nothing there either. Can only assume, since no pony switch on the steering wheel, just the "M" which toggles the radio source options, no MyMode.
OK, forget the 401a since we know that you do not have a premium. Premiums have the Pony. So do you have a base with 301a? If you have the mode toggles you do. But you don't since you do not have the pony switch. But that also means you should only have the 4" LCD screen. Right?

Do you have the original sticker? If not, get it. That will answer all your questions.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
OK, forget the 401a since we know that you do not have a premium. Premiums have the Pony. So do you have a base with 301a? If you have the mode toggles you do. But you don't since you do not have the pony switch. But that also means you should only have the 4" LCD screen. Right?

Do you have the original sticker? If not, get it. That will answer all your questions.
I'm assuming Premium, since I have cooled seats, leather and 8" Sync 3. I don't have the original sticker, but I got a build sheet directly from Roush with the VIN. It doesn't breakdown anything other than Roush standard equipment for the RS2, then the options which are all Roush extras. It does show all the pricing, but it doesn't look like your typical window sticker.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you have the "M" button on your steering wheel instead of the Pony, does that mean you do NOT have MyMode at all? I do not have the digital cluster, active exhaust, nor magnaride suspension.
Yes.

Dunno for the Ecoboost but there's 300A and 301A for the GT, and 400A and 401A for the GT Premium. The lowest trim level gets you only 3 toggles, for hazard lights, traction control, and steering mode. Step up to the 301A and you get drive modes, and a 4th toggle for controlling it.

You have to step all the way up to the 401A to get a way to have the car actually remember custom preset combinations of drive and steering and exhaust modes (if so equipped). This memory function is the MyMode.

I think the Pony button is just another feature of the top trim level, as a shortcut to some menu selections (of which the MyMode menu is one).

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Yes.

Dunno for the Ecoboost but there's 300A and 301A for the GT, and 400A and 401A for the GT Premium. The lowest trim level gets you only 3 toggles, for hazard lights, traction control, and steering mode. Step up to the 301A and you get the 4th toggle, for drive mode.

You have to step all the way up to the 401A to get a way to have the car actually remember custom preset combinations of drive and steering and exhaust modes (if so equipped). This memory function is the MyMode.

I think the Pony button is just another feature of the top trim level, as a shortcut to some menu selections (of which the MyMode menu is one).
Ok this may be helping. I do have the 4 toggles and do have Drive Modes. But have the "M" not the Pony button on the steering wheel. Mine is a V-8 A10, with the gauges and turned dash, so that points to PP1 GT Premium. I'm sure it is a Premium because I think that is the only way to get cooled leather seats. But I thought the 401A had the soft touch center tunnel with the stitching which is doesn't have. It also has remote start... but it's not working womp womp...

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok this may be helping. I do have the 4 toggles and do have Drive Modes. But have the "M" not the Pony button on the steering wheel. Mine is a V-8 A10, with the gauges and turned dash, so that points to PP1 GT Premium. I'm sure it is a Premium because I think that is the only way to get cooled leather seats. But I thought the 401A had the soft touch center tunnel with the stitching which is doesn't have. It also has remote start... but it's not working womp womp...
You have the 400A, if you have leather seats but not the padded center tunnel. (That's the only thing in the 401A level that I would've liked to have on mine.)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You have the 400A, if you have leather seats but not the padded center tunnel. (That's the only thing in the 401A level that I would've liked to have on mine.)
Agreed, 400a but......the 400a has drive modes so should have my mode. Maybe it is a Roush thing. Give them a call.

Sorry Rick, I missed your post saying you have the drive modes. Call Roush!

NEVER MIND :facepalm: On the GT It’s only on the 401a package.

https://www.wadeford.com/blogs/2562...ode-technology-feature-the-2019-ford-mustang/

Last edited:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I just looked at the build sheet and it does show the pre-Roush vehicle MSRP and it's 46,775. I think that lines up with GT Premium PP1. If the 400A gets the drive modes, sync 3 and cooled leather seats, then that must be it.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, 400a but......the 400a has drive modes so should have my mode. Maybe it is a Roush thing. Give them a call.

Sorry Rick, I missed your post saying you have the drive modes. Call Roush!
Wouldn't be the first weird omission. I have a pre-2018 Tach in it. Roush didn't make an analog tach for the changeover so my redline shows 6,500, even though it goes over 7K as it should for the 2018. I called Roush and they really didn't have any good answers or a solution to get a 7,400 redline tach for it.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Wouldn't be the first weird omission. I have a pre-2018 Tach in it. Roush didn't make an analog tach for the changeover so my redline shows 6,500, even though it goes over 7K as it should for the 2018. I called Roush and they really didn't have any good answers or a solution to get a 7,400 redline tach for it.
Does it have Roush logo tach face or just the standard Ford tach face?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Roush version.
I bet Roush just didn't have 7400RPM faces made yet and just stuck a 6500RPM face on their early 2018 builds. They could easily put a new face on your cluster if you sent in the cluster. You can take the cluster out easily, tell them to give you a next day call tag and you could have your cluster back in hand in 3 days.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
If you have any open road areas in your area, and at time frames where there is less traffic on the road. Maybe set up a track day at your nearest race track or road course. You can have a little fun on the open road in sport or track mode with getting to crazy. The snappiness of the throttle is quite enjoyable.
I tried track going to work today and sport+ on my way back. I could probably get used to the "snappiness" given enough time and regular experience with it. I don't know about driving without traction control though. I'd rather not end up in a Mustang Crash Compilation video. Then again, I lean towards excessively cautious when it comes to my style of driving. Anyone got tips on how to enjoy driving without traction control for a relative new guy to "spirited driving"?
Sponsored