tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just took delivery on my 2022 Mach 1 and there was no owners manual. I called the dealer and they told me to call Ford. When I called Ford, they told me they were no longer including manuals with the vehicles. I questioned this because I just took delivery on a Bronco Sport in August and it came with an owners manual. The rep told me that she had mnay calls on the Mustang missing the manuals. Can any one verify this? I spend $60K on a car and no manual?
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I didn't think mine had one either until I looked in the glove compartment. There's a tab at the top that pulls down a special slot where the documentation is kept.

Maybe yours is there and you just missed it?

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yep, I ended up with 2 manuals when I thought the same. I asked the dealer, and obviously, they weren't aware of the "secret compartment" either, because they just handed me another manual they had on the shelf. I think it was weeks later when I discovered the original manual tucked away in the top of the glove box. πŸ˜‚

OP
OP

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I didn't think mine had one either until I looked in the glove compartment. There's a tab at the top that pulls down a special slot where the documentation is kept.

Maybe yours is there and you just missed it?
Yes, it was there. Thank you so much. So much for the dealer not knowing or even worse, the people who answer the Ford hot line.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it was there. Thank you so much. So much for the dealer not knowing or even worse, the people who answer the Ford hot line.
You bet. I was about to make the same kind of call when I discovered it.

The dealer should have been able to tell you that. But I don't expect much from customer service reps no matter the company, product, or service.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
A friend of mine just got a '22 Expedition and it didn't come with an owner's manual. Everything is in the infotainment system. Including How-To videos for different features.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine just got a '22 Expedition and it didn't come with an owner's manual. Everything is in the infotainment system. Including How-To videos for different features.
That's annoying, especially videos. I can read/skim something so much faster than watching a video playing at someone else's speed.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
My last two vehicles had owners manuals that were never taken out of the shrink wrap before I ended up selling them. Manufacturers have been putting manuals on the web for quite awhile now. Much easier to me.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
This is the most confusing damn thing. When I took delivery of my 2020 the salesman couldn't find it. There was a mechanic in the office who came out and showed me about the hidden compartment.

Everyone at Ford dealerships should have this on a post-it note at their work stations. :crackup:

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I bet they remove that feature on the S650 because people can’t find their books.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My last two vehicles had owners manuals that were never taken out of the shrink wrap before I ended up selling them. Manufacturers have been putting manuals on the web for quite awhile now. Much easier to me.
Mine is out of its wrap but I hardly ever use it. It's much easier to just use the download on my phone.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
This is the most confusing damn thing. When I took delivery of my 2020 the salesman couldn't find it. There was a mechanic in the office who came out and showed me about the hidden compartment.

Everyone at Ford dealerships should have this on a post-it note at their work stations. :crackup:
I doubt it would help. Most salesmen go out of their way to not know anything about the vehicles they sell, LOL.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Honestly the drop down compartment for the manual is ingenious. Ford knows Mustang buyers, we all want to keep that stuff immaculate but not want our glove box space taken up.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Honestly the drop down compartment for the manual is ingenious. Ford knows Mustang buyers, we all want to keep that stuff immaculate but not want our glove box space taken up.
I thought the exact same thing when I found it.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it would help. Most salesmen go out of their way to not know anything about the vehicles they sell, LOL.
In all fairness, my salesperson knew my car inside and out. I just didn't think to ask about the manual, but I have no doubt he would have known about it. We also completed the transaction later in the evening and I was in more of a rush to finish up than he was.
Sponsored