NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm pretty sure that on a base GT, quickly double-tapping the TC button just puts the AdvanceTrac in sport mode, it does nothing about throttle response or engine mapping. I shut the AdvanceTrac all the way off every time I get in the car, so that's a feature I don't use.

My car is tuned, so I'm wondering what happens when you tune a Premium GT that has a sport button that actually effects the throttle response and engine mapping.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm pretty sure that on a base GT, quickly double-tapping the TC button just puts the AdvanceTrac in sport mode, it does nothing about throttle response or engine mapping. I shut the AdvanceTrac all the way off every time I get in the car, so that's a feature I don't use.

My car is tuned, so I'm wondering what happens when you tune a Premium GT that has a sport button that actually effects the throttle response and engine mapping.
Doing the button combo won't do anything to throttle response or shift patterns. Only shifting into sport with an auto will change those on a base model.

If you have a premium that is tuned the toggle modes all still function the exact same way. But if the car is tuned the way you want it then there is no reason to switch out of normal mode in regular driving

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
If you have a base model with an automatic transmission you can shift into sport and it has the same effect as the switches on throttle response
Incorrect.

Also incorrect is the assumption that putting TC in sport mode puts the entire vehicle in sport mode. That simply isn't the case.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Incorrect.

Also incorrect is the assumption that putting TC in sport mode puts the entire vehicle in sport mode. That simply isn't the case.
I've owned both premium and base auto 2015-16 mustangs and I know I'm correct. Also I didn't say anything about TC sport mode, I know exactly what sport mode is. Base manuals are the only config that can't change throttle response.
Sponsored