Sponsored

No audio on incoming bluetooth calls, Sync 3, aftermarket amps.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
It's a minor thing since I don't take many calls in the car, but this has started to drive me a bit nuts.

I have an Eco Premium that came with the Shaker 9 speaker stereo. I've pulled the factory amp and replaced it with an aftermarket setup. I have a 4 channel amp bridged to two channels running components up front, and a monoblock amp running a JBL sub in the trunk.

I use Android Auto(AA) for everything. When I get an incoming call, the call info shows on AA, the music stops, the ringtone plays, etc. When I press the button on the screen to answer the call, I get nothing. The call is answered, but I can't hear the other person talking and they apparently can't hear me either.

However, it works absolutely FINE with outgoing calls. I can use voice control or the touchscreen to place a call and it's flawless. As long as I have cell signal everything works 100%

Is there something I'm missing here? Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Danman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious, if you pickup the phone after answering on the Sync touchscreen, can you hear audio from the phones ear piece? Wondering if the audio/mic isn't being routed to the Sync system but staying on the phone when receiving calls.

OP
OP
xraystyle

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Just curious, if you pickup the phone after answering on the Sync touchscreen, can you hear audio from the phones ear piece? Wondering if the audio/mic isn't being routed to the Sync system but staying on the phone when receiving calls.
Yeah, if I disconnect the phone, then switch the audio on the phone to the earpiece it works. At least I think it does, I recall it working. It's been a while since I tested it.
Sponsored