Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Have you got any pics of the bonnet closed? Thinking from the side view, any change in the shut line, bonnet/wing?

Also, I take it you modified the battery cover?

Terrific looking 'Stang, same, apart from gearbox, as I'm getting :thumbsup:
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
very nice and perfect fitment! I'm wondering where the deployable mechanism is.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Have you got any pics of the bonnet closed? Thinking from the side view, any change in the shut line, bonnet/wing?

Also, I take it you modified the battery cover?

Terrific looking 'Stang, same, apart from gearbox, as I'm getting :thumbsup:
Yes, the battery cover had to be either drilled (drill bit came with struts!) or cut. I cut a rectangular but out. That way one does not need to remove the trut everytime one wants the battery cover off... ;)

You will LOVE the Ruby Red. Next week I am having mine detailed using NANO-tex....

The shutline is the same as before. No difference at all (I was a bit worried when closing it the first time).

very nice and perfect fitment! I'm wondering where the deployable mechanism is.
I believe it's at the back but have no idea.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So last night, while wife and dog keeping me company, I mounted the Quicklift Elite Hood Struts. Easy and looks good but most important, it works! The hood on the Mustang weigh a tonne....
Are these no drill Quicklifts? (oops answered already!)

Also, I see you already installed the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, did you feel an improvement when driving, corners maybe? Also wonder why American muscle say it's not intended for the V6 and EB...

Thx

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Are these no drill Quicklifts? (oops answered already!)

Also, I see you already installed the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, did you feel an improvement when driving, corners maybe? Also wonder why American muscle say it's not intended for the V6 and EB...

Thx
Yes, they are non-drill..... ;)
http://www.cjponyparts.com/redline-tuning-hood-strut-kit-quicklift-elite-bolt-in-2015/p/HDGL25/

As for the Strut Brace, there's a difference indeed. It's just stiffer and this car goes around the corners straight :D

Got this one (The K-Brace we get in EU, but you can not buy the Strut Brace on its own :doh: )
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-strut-tower-brace-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/M20201M/

The convertibles would benefit greatly from one of these to minimise the shaking.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes, they are non-drill..... ;)
http://www.cjponyparts.com/redline-tuning-hood-strut-kit-quicklift-elite-bolt-in-2015/p/HDGL25/

As for the Strut Brace, there's a difference indeed. It's just stiffer and this car goes around the corners straight :D

Got this one (The K-Brace we get in EU, but you can not buy the Strut Brace on its own :doh: )
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-strut-tower-brace-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/M20201M/

The convertibles would benefit greatly from one of these to minimise the shaking.
I assume the strut brace would need to come off to service the engine? To remove the engine covers.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I assume the strut brace would need to come off to service the engine? To remove the engine covers.

No idea....not my problem as my dealer (who installed it) will do the servicing. :D

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I just bought new Borla exhaust and trunk liner direct from the USA.... Shipping was $250, but it was the same just for the Borla, the trunk liner didn't increase shipping...

I'm looking into getting some Steeda drop links and anti wheel hop kit, but there's no way I'll be buying from Steeda UK... Their prices are crazy..:crazy::crazy:
Feel free to send me a pm with the parts you're looking at, I'll see if I can drum up a quote.

Murkel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V6 2014 - Club of America Edition
[..]

You will LOVE the Ruby Red. Next week I am having mine detailed using NANO-tex....

The shutline is the same as before. No difference at all (I was a bit worried when closing it the first time). [..]
Nice! One thing on my con list for this Mustang is (or was..) that there is no hydraulic opening mechanism for the hood!

What is the NANO-tex for?

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Nice! One thing on my con list for this Mustang is (or was..) that there is no hydraulic opening mechanism for the hood!

What is the NANO-tex for?
I dont actually remember the name, nano-tech or -tex....something similar anyway. Its the latest in detailing a car. Makes wax and other polish look like crap. Hold a year (wax/polish usually 6 months). Amazing stuff and gives the car a very very deep shine....:cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
My wife and I spent the weekend around Mosel in Germany. As always, a very beautiful area with lots and lots of good wine and food! :D Best part, it's only about 45 min drive away :)

Of course we went there with the Mustang.... :headbang:

Apart from the looks one gets while driving it, we also received a thumbs up from a motorbiker, lots of smiles, people turning their heads almost to a point where the neck will come off, met a Magnetic grey convertible (EU model) who waved while driving opposite direction, met other Mustang owners of previous MY and even had a Race Red 2015 EU model parked across the river in Cochem where we stayed over night. I wonder if any of these are members on here and/or the German forum?

Some pictures.

In Cochem.

We particular like this picture, between all the grey, silver and black....

A new record? 11.0l/100 Km - very nice :thumbsup:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I can't stop commenting on how beautiful this car is, in every color!

Last edited:

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
True papinist... :D it's sooo damm perfect! do you have already yours?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
not yet.. but this week will be THE week!
Sponsored