New wheels

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Today I had my Forgestar CF5s mounted. I went for a test drive and I can’t believe how much quicker the car feels. I never thought it would be that noticeable compared to the pp1 stock wheels. I’m 66 and I was never a fan of pp1 wheels, they were too hard to clean, always were dirty. No hate on black wheels but they were just not for me. The CF5s are gunmetal and the fitment is awesome. I’m very happy with the way the car looks now.
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT
Congrats on your new wheels. Perhaps you'd like to share some pictures?
X2! Hard to see but my car has CF5 in silver, see Avatar at left.

OP
OP
Joedag1

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Pics tomorrow if no rain. I’m beat I had to bring the wheels and tires to a shop with a touch free machine with my truck. Pick them up this afternoon. Then swap out the all seasons with the pp1 wheels for the PS4S with the new forgestars not so easy at 66.

OP
OP
Joedag1

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a question, I think the front wheels may look a little better with 5mm hub centric spacers . Can this be done safely without extending the studs

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you get us the spec's on wheels/tires!!

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I have a question, I think the front wheels may look a little better with 5mm hub centric spacers . Can this be done safely without extending the studs
Yes. Mine are 19 x 10 +42 offset, 275/40-19 PS4S. I use a 5mm spacer (front only) and still have enough thread engagement.

OP
OP
Joedag1

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Make sure you get us the spec's on wheels/tires!!
Everything is stock pp1 as far as size the only thing that is different is the offset on the new forgestars

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Congrats on the new wheels. I agree on all your points. The PP wheels are impossible to keep clean and the murdered out black wheel look is way over played. I went with gunmetal on my new set and am very pleased. They are 20's so a lot easier to clean for sure.

Went from this
IMG_0406.jpeg

To this.
IMG_0429.jpeg

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new wheels. I agree on all your points. The PP wheels are impossible to keep clean and the murdered out black wheel look is way over played. I went with gunmetal on my new set and am very pleased. They are 20's so a lot easier to clean for sure.

Went from this
IMG_0406.jpeg

To this.
IMG_0429.jpeg
Very very sweet!!! I have same car except carbonized gray. What are your offsets and tire size if you don’t mind me asking

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Very very sweet!!! I have same car except carbonized gray. What are your offsets and tire size if you don’t mind me asking
.They are 20x10 +33 front and 20x11 +55 rear. I got them as a set from LMR. Velgen VF5. Tires are 275 35 20 and 305 30 20.

Mary Virgin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwiga.com
First Name
Mary
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Polo
Today I had my Forgestar CF5s mounted. I went for a test drive and I can’t believe how much quicker the car feels. I never thought it would be that noticeable compared to the pp1 stock wheels. I’m 66 and I was never a fan of pp1 wheels, they were too hard to clean, always were dirty. No hate on black wheels but they were just not for me. The CF5s are gunmetal and the fitment is awesome. I’m very happy with the way the car looks now.
It sounds like you had a great experience with your new Forgestar CF5 wheels! It's always exciting to upgrade your car and see a noticeable difference in its performance and appearance. The gunmetal finish on the CF5s sounds like a great choice, and it's great to hear that the fitment is perfect. It's understandable that you weren't a fan of the pp1 wheels and that the CF5s are a better fit for your personal preferences. Enjoy your new wheels and the improved driving experience they provide!

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have 5mm spacers on my 2019 GT350. Had them the past few years. Just slip the spacers on, nothing else. Also have 5mm spacers on another brand of perfromance car. Same - no brainer.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I hope these aren’t the same Forgestars that are having a rash of cracking spokes and ultimate wheel failure. There’s a recent thread about them.