Sponsored

[New Spy Pics 4/12]: 2015 Mustang s550 Prototype Now With Covered Production Body?

BlueVenom

Isn't that just a tear on the side and missing body panels? Is it really showing fender vents? There are some nice ones installed that I liked.... how about something like this?

2010-ford-mustang-and-p51-mustang-photo-304938-s-1280x782.jpg

Tho if it were the ones on the prototype come way up over the wheel...
3D Carbon Front Fender Vents 9.jpg
Sponsored

Krishna

Don't think those are fender vents.. isn't it just part of the "hockey stick" curve of the front fender?

Maestro5.0

Photos were taken by Jim Dunne apparently. The old man's still got it :)

Good to see actual prototypes now. I'd like to see some actual skin now thank you.

CoyoteMan

New to this site... great scoop guys. This is becoming the greatest kept secret in all of Ford. Even with these shots they've managed to keep it all a mystery.

One thing I noticed is that the B pillar is still solidly separating the rear 1/4 and front windows it seems unless they are just covering up the design. Was hoping the front and rear windows would flow into each other with at most a thin separation so it looks like one solid pane..

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Just made an account so that I could post on these pictures.
This is really exciting. I have a 2013 V6 that I really love but the call of a V8 is pounding at me, I was thinking of looking at some left over 13s but man oh man does the allure of the 50th year addition scream at me..

Sponsored

Burnout44

Just made an account so that I could post on these pictures.
This is really exciting. I have a 2013 V6 that I really love but the call of a V8 is pounding at me, I was thinking of looking at some left over 13s but man oh man does the allure of the 50th year addition scream at me..
Hah same here... same delimma. Well I was going to wait to see if they do a Boss or other special model. My 05 GT is getting really old and just browsing those renders really making me feel impatient. I can't wait to see a full prototype with all the body panels in....

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Hah same here... same delimma. Well I was going to wait to see if they do a Boss or other special model. My 05 GT is getting really old and just browsing those renders really making me feel impatient. I can't wait to see a full prototype with all the body panels in....
That's not a bad idea, special model would be great. I'm thinking if our current gen was raping on the M3s, can you imagine something sophisticated and high end??? I'm thinking the IRS, 450+ horsepower, maybe 3400 or so lbs....mmmmm.... nasty. Realizing this forces me to patience. Another two years of waiting won't kill me. This is my first new car & mustang but I've been a fan since I was a kid.

KZStang

Nice pics...

Without the bumper it's hard to tell but I think the only reason the rocker panels look new is all the body panels are not in and it's sticking out. There's obviously a huge gap there. Comparing it to a current gen side view, it looks about the same to me.
To follow up.. I'm looking at this closer and it doesnt look right to me. Too similar to the current body. Gonna do a compare of the old spy pics.

KZStang

This looks like a s197 guys. Here's a comparo pic I just slapped together. The one spotted today has its rear calipers positioned on the front of the rotors like the current s197, while the previous s550 mules had the brakes positioned on the rear of the rotors.

Wonder why they bothered putting all that canvas covering to hide the body then? Maybe s550 body sitting on s197 chassis? Weird...

[Pic from today on left vs previous s550 mule on right]

Vickstang

This looks like a s197 guys. Here's a comparo pic I just slapped together. The one spotted today has its rear calipers positioned on the front of the rotors like the current s197, while the previous s550 mules had the brakes positioned on the rear of the rotors.

Wonder why they bothered putting all that canvas covering to hide the body then? Maybe s550 body sitting on s197 chassis? Weird...

2015 mustang render - evos based.jpg

Is it possible we;re seeing engineers testing different brake positions for s550?

Sponsored

stangray11

2015 mustang render - evos based.jpg
That's a nice pick up man. But there's no denying there is a different body on this at least in part, even if it is sitting on an s197. The rear lights alone..

I'm thinking there may be several different parts and panels, some new and some old we are looking at here, maybe not quite as prototype ready as we thought.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Thanks for adding this. I've updated the first post.

NRMStand

Is it possible we;re seeing engineers testing different brake positions for s550?
Valid point. It's definitely not too late for them to be doing that. We'll find out........ in the next set of pics....... unless they confuse us even more :thumbsup:

JackHoya

Wow, that's some nice proper vetting of these grainy pics. I need a magnifying glass to spot what you guys are seeing. :)

shelby1k

That rear quarter window doesnt look big vs S197 to you guys? Ah well, anyway we'll see soon enough. Should be more and more leaks now.
Sponsored