Sponsored

New Raptor

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I can assure you, the sound is much worse than something off of F&F if you throw a conventional exhaust on it.

I run a flow through system on mine that's heavily resonated to keep noise to a minimum while still improving flow. Pretty much all you hear on mine is the turbos spooling their asses off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i still dont see why people make exhaust sound a deal breaker for them on vehicles. Yeah the big v8s sound better than smaller v6 and i4s but im not gonna not get a car/truck just because it sounds different. new raptor is supposed to make more power than the 6.2 and hopefully save a mpg or 2 while doing it so thatll be awesome.

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
Not disagreeing that the power of the 3.5L TT is going to be great. And I can understand your point, to an extent, when talking about cars. But on a truck, sound is important. One of my favorite things about my Raptor is the sound of the 6.2L with my Borla exhaust.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I was hoping for a small liter TT v8, but with how well I know this power plant, I'm excited that it was used. The low end torque on this thing makes for a great engine in a truck.

I believe any engine can sound decent with the proper exhaust setup. This one is just very hard to do so. I also believe that you can take a good sounding engine and make it sound terrible with a bad setup. Flow master has proved this time and time again... Lol

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i agree that a well constructed exhaust can make almost any engine sound good, i like the sound these magnaflows give this 2.3, yeah its not a 5.0 and it never will be but i knew that before buying :p ive heard some good sounding 4cyl imports too, theres lots of video of 4bangers done right on youtube. of course a v8 is gonna sound better almost every single time though...unless the owner does something completely tragic to it.

Im also glad they went with the 3.5, i test drove a 2015 f150 3.5 and was really amazed by the power it had in the low and high end. that instant massive torque is just crazy. I wanna give the 2.7 a test as well.

im about to buy a 2003 ranger with the 4.0 in it, wish the ecoboost engines werent so expensive to transplant, gonna have to find a supercharger kit for around 3k to give the 4.0 some new life. another option is the 5.0 from the explorer since its almost a direct bolt on.

Sponsored

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
I was hoping for a small liter TT v8, but with how well I know this power plant, I'm excited that it was used. The low end torque on this thing makes for a great engine in a truck.

I believe any engine can sound decent with the proper exhaust setup. This one is just very hard to do so. I also believe that you can take a good sounding engine and make it sound terrible with a bad setup. Flow master has proved this time and time again... Lol
I would just like to have the 5.0 as an option. Plenty of giddyup, huge aftermarket support, and that V8 sound.

Another concern is heat. I've seen both a turbo'd 6.2L Raptor and a EcoRaptor 3.5L conversion have fires at off-roading events. I'm sure Ford has taken care of, but a good NA engine would just keep things simple.

But I do see where Ford's coming from. The Raptor is the flagship F-150, the halo truck. So by putting an Ecoboost in the Raptor, you get the whole "well if it's good enough for a Raptor, it's good enough for my XLT" mindset. And with Ford's full-blown investment into Ecoboost technology, combined with the increasingly stringent CAFE standards, it's understandable why the halo vehicles (Mustang, Raptor, GT) are all going Eco.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I would just like to have the 5.0 as an option. Plenty of giddyup, huge aftermarket support, and that V8 sound.

Another concern is heat. I've seen both a turbo'd 6.2L Raptor and a EcoRaptor 3.5L conversion have fires at off-roading events. I'm sure Ford has taken care of, but a good NA engine would just keep things simple.

But I do see where Ford's coming from. The Raptor is the flagship F-150, the halo truck. So by putting an Ecoboost in the Raptor, you get the whole "well if it's good enough for a Raptor, it's good enough for my XLT" mindset. And with Ford's full-blown investment into Ecoboost technology, combined with the increasingly stringent CAFE standards, it's understandable why the halo vehicles (Mustang, Raptor, GT) are all going Eco.

Yeah, heat is an issue anytime you mess with FI. I built my own Eco Raptor out of my '13 fx4, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444831542.759213.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444831567.676648.jpg

Not much of the suspension is OEM, as I wasn't satisfied with the stock raptor suspension. Basic bolt ons and a built trans are under the hood. Lays down 387/490 at the wheels with the 37's. It used to pull high 13's when I had the 35's, but I have since added larger tires and detuned it a bit for drivability reasons.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
We have 3 Raptors a '13 and 2 '14s and won't be getting a new one if they don't offer a V8 option. We've had 2 Eco's and hated them. I don't care how much power they have they still sound like ass and shouldn't be in an SVT truck of all things... If they don't I will just get a Diesel F250 and my wife will get something different. She loves having a truck but doesn't want something that big. I hope the 5.0 EB comes out but not holding my breath the way Ford is going. And with the 6.2 I average 9.5 and she averages 11 or so since hers doesn't get driven as much. The best I've gotten is 13.8 babying it on a long trip but we didn't buy them for fuel economy obviously...

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
You are going to be sad when everyone else is driving an electric-camry-supercar that does 0-60 in 2 seconds.

Winter is coming.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
You are going to be sad when everyone else is driving an electric-camry-supercar that does 0-60 in 2 seconds.

Winter is coming.

Lmao, gotta love 100% tq at zero rpm.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
seems kind of ricery to me to want a slower but loud car so everyone knows you have arrived.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
seems kind of ricery to me to want a slower but loud car so everyone knows you have arrived.

Literally the definition, if I'm not mistaken.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
if i cant be fast then i can be loud and annoying, then everyone will think im cool.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
if i cant be fast then i can be loud and annoying, then everyone will think im cool.

Firm believer that sound should be a byproduct of power, and not for shits and giggles. I try to quiet mine as much as possible without effecting flow. So, I ended up with a LT 3" flowthrough exhaust on my 5.0 that isn't obnoxious and raspy.

Same goes for my Eco. Quiet and powerful.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i like a good sounding v8 as much as the next guy but when youre sacrificing power and efficiency just because you think being loud = going fast and being cool then you need your head checked. i see it with those garbage can lookin hondas with glue on body kits and i see it with the diesel trucks with their 22" chromes with mud terrains and tow mirrors flipped out 24/7.
Sponsored