Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does your friend have a non-PP EB or GT? I have been told by Ford employees that all GTs get the PP toe links, along with the EB PP. Now, it's possible for '17MY they decided to cost reduce and go with the non-PP toe link on all non-PP models, but for '15 and '16 it was on all GTs. Several of the vendors on here have found that to be true as well [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]
So why do the Ford Racing suspension packs include the "Performance Pack rear toe links"?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So why do the Ford Racing suspension packs include the "Performance Pack rear toe links"?
For people who put the packages on cars that didn't have them.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
CT afgg

Does your friend have a non-PP EB or GT? I have been told by Ford employees that all GTs get the PP toe links, along with the EB PP. Now, it's possible for '17MY they decided to cost reduce and go with the non-PP toe link on all non-PP models, but for '15 and '16 it was on all GTs. Several of the vendors on here have found that to be true as well [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Same reason...you can put that Ford Racing suspension on anything from a V6 to a GT PP.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
But if 80% of the cars already have it, it would be smart to have it as separate part rather than have a useless increase in cost for a duplicate of what is likely already on the car (according to you).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
But if 80% of the cars already have it, it would be smart to have it as separate part rather than have a useless increase in cost for a duplicate of what is likely already on the car (according to you).
Marketing bro. They can charge more for the package. Also it's definitely not 80%

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Friend's car is a 2015 non-PP GT auto, does your 2015 manual have sphericals in your toe links?
My 15' Non-PP manual had the bearings in the factory toe link. When I replaced the toe links with the BMR toe links I pressed the bearings out of the toe links and installed them in the knuckles. They are the same bearing that they sell to install into the knuckles.

OP if you are going to do your own oil changes I suggest you purchase the PP under k brace and tray that goes with it so you don't have to take the whole tray off to access the oil filter. I would also suggest a form-a-funnel to keep from draining the filter all over the steering rack.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My 15' Non-PP manual had the bearings in the factory toe link. When I replaced the toe links with the BMR toe links I pressed the bearings out of the toe links and installed them in the knuckles. They are the same bearing that they sell to install into the knuckles.
This may explain why we see the toe link up for sale from time to time.

OP if you are going to do your own oil changes I suggest you purchase the PP under k brace and tray that goes with it so you don't have to take the whole tray off to access the oil filter. I would also suggest a form-a-funnel to keep from draining the filter all over the steering rack.
Do you have part numbers handy?

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Do you have part numbers handy?
I believe this was buried somewhere in the upper strut brace thread from awhile ago. After I changed my oil the first time and pulled the whole panel I immediately ordered the PP parts that have the access flap for the oil filter.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...front-suspension-cat/suspension-mounting-scat

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...meT0yMDE1JnQ9Z3QtcHJlbWl1bSZlPTUtMGwtdjgtZ2Fz

The brace is index 13 (FR3Z-5025-A) and I believe it requires 6 bolts 14 (-W718025-S439) and I think this is the correct splash shield (FR3Z-6P013-A).

Sponsored
OP
OP

SgtRauksauff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 N6/Black Accent Base GT
So, I finally got under the car, and the PO had done a pretty nice undercoat on it (which is GREAT since I'm in the middle of the Salt belt in WI).

Used a bit of elbow grease on the toe-link, and it's got the same part stamped on it as the one with the spherical bearings. Interesting note about the knuckle bushing, kinda neat that it's the same.)

I wonder if the only thing that doesn't come with the PP Toe-links is a base Ecoboost or V6.....

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So, I finally got under the car, and the PO had done a pretty nice undercoat on it (which is GREAT since I'm in the middle of the Salt belt in WI).

Used a bit of elbow grease on the toe-link, and it's got the same part stamped on it as the one with the spherical bearings. Interesting note about the knuckle bushing, kinda neat that it's the same.)

I wonder if the only thing that doesn't come with the PP Toe-links is a base Ecoboost or V6...
This is correct.
Sponsored