New noise - Tapping sound after install

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
So it has been a week since my Whipple/OPG/TC install and everything has been great. Took the car out yesterday and everything sounded great. Got in the car this morning and when I started it I heard a tapping sound which would increase and decrease as engine RPM varied. Obviously this freaked me out big time! The tapping noise seems to be in sync with each revolution of the belt, I took a video in hopes someone will have an idea as to what this could be.

After calming down a bit I went back downstairs and started the engine again, heard a few taps and then everything went quiet. Still freaking out hoping it in nothing major. Oil pressure has been fine and oil level has been checked - all is good there.

http://vid1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah301/PonyManFl/IMG_2881_zpsamaepiqd.mp4
Sponsored

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
So it has been a week since my Whipple/OPG/TC install and everything has been great. Took the car out yesterday and everything sounded great. Got in the car this morning and when I started it I heard a tapping sound which would increase and decrease as engine RPM varied. Obviously this freaked me out big time! The tapping noise seems to be in sync with each revolution of the belt, I took a video in hopes someone will have an idea as to what this could be.

After calming down a bit I went back downstairs and started the engine again, heard a few taps and then everything went quiet. Still freaking out hoping it in nothing major. Oil pressure has been fine and oil level has been checked - all is good there.

http://vid1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah301/PonyManFl/IMG_2881_zpsamaepiqd.mp4
Belt squeak or gate squeak?

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Usually recommend flipping the belt or changing the belt if that doesn't work then it's something with the gates

OP
OP
Boosted5.0_NY

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Usually recommend flipping the belt or changing the belt if that doesn't work then it's something with the gates
Thanks for the reply. I just got off the phone with Anthony from Hypermotive and he also said it was belt chirp and not something with the engine.

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Thanks for the reply. I just got off the phone with Anthony from Hypermotive and he also said it was belt chirp and not something with the engine.
Nice kinda figured! I changed mine with this belt and no squeak at all since the whole flipping belt didn't work for me
IMG_0117.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boosted5.0_NY

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Contact us and we'll supply you a new belt with a different routing option.
Thanks, I already sent an email to tech support earlier this afternoon.

OP
OP
Boosted5.0_NY

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Def belt squeak. Start your car pour a little water on the belt it should stop until the water drys. Just a little water! That will tell you if it is the belt.

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
980 miles on the car since Whipple was installed and I just noticed mine doing it this morning. Looks like I'll be contacting Whipple.

OP
OP
Boosted5.0_NY

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
980 miles on the car since Whipple was installed and I just noticed mine doing it this morning. Looks like I'll be contacting Whipple.
Did it sound the same? I know a lot of people are referring to it as belt chirp but it definitely sounds more like tapping in my situation. I know this issue is belt related but hearing a tapping sound like that on startup can be very distressing at first!

I'm at 750 miles after install.

Whipple sent out a replacement belt and provided information on a different belt routing.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Did it sound the same? I know a lot of people are referring to it as belt chirp but it definitely sounds more like tapping in my situation. I know this issue is belt related but hearing a tapping sound like that on startup can be very distressing at first!

I'm at 750 miles after install.

Whipple sent out a replacement belt and provided information on a different belt routing.
Different route? Is the belt shorter or longer? Put up a picture of the new route.. I'm curious

OP
OP
Boosted5.0_NY

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Different route? Is the belt shorter or longer? Put up a picture of the new route.. I'm curious
Looks like a shorter belt based on the routing picture.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Interesting. Looks like the belt is shorter... Way less of it on the crank pulley this time. And half as much belt on the water pump pulley
Sponsored