2015 GT
Factory manifolds are not a bad thing.
Sponsored

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah I see what you're getting at. That's not what they advertise. They're claiming all tubular welded headers and offer a stock manifold.

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah I see what you're getting at. That's not what they advertise. They're claiming all tubular welded headers and offer a stock manifold.
Yup, and that's a big price difference/savings for them yet the price of the kit does not reflect that.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
its seem like you have to cut the front air damp cover.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I learned something today that I feel is worth sharing... On Hellions site for the 2015 kit and plastered all over the interwebz are the statements

However that is simply not the case. The kit utilizes the factory manifolds.. Well the passenger manifold at least as well as a drivers side manifold from the 11-14 coyote... I'm not saying this is bad thing in anyway but incorrect information may sway people away from this system especially since the price point is reflecting more than received. Interestingly enough I saw a picture of the kit being installed on a 2015 with tubular headers over at another forum.

Regardless of that, I can't wait to get my kit :thumbsup:
Hello. Thank you for your order.

We wanted to clarify what our site says. The sentence on the 2015 kit page lists full tubular headers equipped, which is an item supplied in our 2011-2014 system. The 2015 kit is only supplied with one driver header, which eases installation and still delivers monstrous power. The line item listing is a web designer error, and will be clarified.

The price point of the kit is extremely competitive and is loaded with value. This system has more complexity than our previous systems, and therefore has many more specially made and designed components. Each customer who purchases our kit will be very pleased with the entire package upon delivery.

Factory manifolds are not a bad thing.
We use factory units in this system in that only one needs to be removed and replaced (a huge time savings), and the power output exceeds what we expected.

its seem like you have to cut the front air damp cover.
Yes, the front lower cover needs to be trimmed to allow for new piping clearance.

We can assure everyone that every step has been taken to maximize fitment, power, and ease of install with every step of this kit. :thumbsup:

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hello. Thank you for your order.

We wanted to clarify what our site says. The sentence on the 2015 kit page lists full tubular headers equipped, which is an item supplied in our 2011-2014 system. The 2015 kit is only supplied with one driver header, which eases installation and still delivers monstrous power. The line item listing is a web designer error, and will be clarified.

The price point of the kit is extremely competitive and is loaded with value. This system has more complexity than our previous systems, and therefore has many more specially made and designed components. Each customer who purchases our kit will be very pleased with the entire package upon delivery.

We use factory units in this system in that only one needs to be removed and replaced (a huge time savings), and the power output exceeds what we expected.

Yes, the front lower cover needs to be trimmed to allow for new piping clearance.

We can assure everyone that every step has been taken to maximize fitment, power, and ease of install with every step of this kit. :thumbsup:

Good stuff, thanks for the info and clarification :thumbsup:

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Holy powerband. Those 55mm really seem like a great fit for the coyote powerband for those who would want to run 5-10psi and not build their motors.

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Holy powerband. Those 55mm really seem like a great fit for the coyote powerband for those who would want to run 5-10psi and not build their motors.
Yup, the 55s are great for that power range. You'll notice in the dyno graph posted above that the boost starts to drop with the 55s at about 6200rpm. If you're looking to make over 800 then it's better to get the 62s.

Sponsored

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
If it was CARB legal I'd get this system in a heart beat.

Stupid California...

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
So is the front air dam the only thing that gets cut?

Does the kit come with boost controller?

How much for the kit with injectors to go over 10lbs. I would want to be able to turn up to 12 lbs for kill mode if needed.

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So is the front air dam the only thing that gets cut?

Does the kit come with boost controller?

How much for the kit with injectors to go over 10lbs. I would want to be able to turn up to 12 lbs for kill mode if needed.
So far from what I'm told, that's the only piece needing to be trimmed.

No boost controller and you'll need to get the tuner kit with larger injectors to push more boost. You'll need a BAP to push 700+ I would think. Most prices are on their website or you can call one of their dealers.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
For track purpose 55 seem better fit, 64 for street any thought?

2faststang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989/2015 mustang
For track purpose 55 seem better fit, 64 for street any thought?
Kinda what I was thinkin....I feel as i already rip the tires off in 2nd and if i had all that power down low i feel id just rip the tires literally off the car every 500 miles plus its always fun to let your prey think they are gonna get away and then walk by them to a solid 5-6 car length win :headbang:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.