Sponsored

New GT500 style “dive planes or splitter extensions” for GT350

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That amount of movement at 2:13...not that I'm saying they're cheap or not well made but I would have to think the OEM GT500 application is going to be much sturdier. Definitely a limit to the mounting point, not the piece itself. To make a clean air profile, things can't be wobbling around. Very few exceptions such as the 458 Italia which had front splitters specifically designed to move as air pressure increased.
I think he was demonstrating that it would not come off in your hand. Obviously the 3 bolts secure the bottom better than the single pushpin supports the top. .
Sponsored

Reactions: N17

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well I’m sorry. Not everybody is an expert...
No one is attacking you just making sure that incorrect information is clarified for those who are reading this thread and trying to learn.

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
No one is attacking you just making sure that incorrect information is clarified for those who are reading this thread and trying to learn.
Lol I know. Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings :wink:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
End-fences are not "dive planes".
I agree that dive plane may not be the best description, but I wouldn't write them off as ineffective yet. The video shows a clear angulation, and the end fencing or winglets are known to help increase the effectiveness of splitters and wings, hence why we see them on the ends of airplane wings and the sides of car wings/spoilers. The air on the edges tends to want to spill off the sides rather than being directed up and over the foil, so the winglets prevent the air from spilling off the sides and keeps it focused in the intended direction.

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I liked them at first but now going back I Don't. Really do not like the gap from the top out and the more I look at it just looks like it doesn't belong.
Weirdly enough I almost snap bought them to when I first got the email from ZL1 Add Ons.
I'm out !!

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
As you see on the actual GT500 these ZL1 units are very very similar in that they are standalone pieces and not integrated into the main splitter.

46941691802_a0c6008c81_b.jpg

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Not bad. Not bad at all. Looking at the video, I do not think these will have a lot of movement. He is grabbing it with his hand and shaking it. It did not seem it would fall off. I may look into these. In truth I am not nearly the track rat, but having them could not hurt.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I liked them at first but now going back I Don't. Really do not like the gap from the top out and the more I look at it just looks like it doesn't belong.
The GT500's are like that too though. I'm guessing they're probably designed like that to funnel air over the wheel well onto the fender and create the same affect as a canard without having as large of a drag penalty with stand alone canards flanking out of the fender.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The GT500's are like that too though. I'm guessing they're probably designed like that to funnel air over the wheel well onto the fender and create the same affect as a canard without having as large of a drag penalty with stand alone canards flanking out of the fender.
I know there like that. I have compared the two. However after watching the install video of the 350 after market ones I didn't like the way they looked with that gap from certain angles of the car , particularly looking straight on from the side and even worse looking from a slight angle from the side into the front of the wheel well. Only way it looks pretty good to me is standing in front of the car , directly in front. Otherwise it looks cheap and flimsy to me now and once again looks like a part that doesn't belong. Just my opinion anyways.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The fence on the GT500 and ZR1 are more tapered and designed into the front end. These are just way too bulky looking and mung up the front with busyness.

Takiotoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
There is a open section (hole) on the inside wheel well right next to where the push pin is and I'm guessing air comes out of it, I wonder if the pressure will eventually will damage that area or at least push the pin out.

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have a '15GT with a replica GT350 front end. I just ordered a pair of these. Once they arrive and I install them I'll give you guys a review. Here's a before pic:
IMG_20181202_152349337.jpg

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The fence on the GT500 and ZR1 are more tapered and designed into the front end. These are just way too bulky looking and mung up the front with busyness.
Very much agree !

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That would be more like what you see on a C6 Z06, those are designed to move the air out and around the notoriously turbulent wheel houses and don't contain the outer element that's perpendicular to the airflow.

These are primarily designed to trap and slow down air movement to give it more time and area to impart it's downward force against the splitter. These actually have a very large drag penalty in comparison to a standard canard and why you only are seeing these on cars with excessively high hp like the new ZR1 and the GT500 with over 700hp each to overcome that drag.
Sponsored