Sponsored

**New from RPI Designs...2015 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule
Looks like they are starting to ship. I just received an email with tracking info.
Yes, sir. First batch is on the way!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Guys are figuring out the exact details for installation. You can see a few guys installed them and they are working great. Thank you.
I installed mine today without too many issues. The push clip retainers didn't reinstall very well. Any chance you know the part number or where after market replacements are available?

We'll see how they hold up to Iowa winter slush and ice build up next winter. I'm used to factory molded fit splash guards.

Jim

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
RPI, if these don't fit perfectly, what's the return policy?

From the website:
"All products and orders must be returned to RPI Designs within 10 days of the receipt of product with an RMA number. You must contact us to obtain an RMA number before returning an products or orders. Refund will be given in full less actual shipping costs, less 10% restocking fee. If defect in item, RPI Designs will replace at no cost, or send a complete refund less shipping. Refunds are given when the merchandise is received as we shipped. If the products are damaged in shipment or the parts are not in the box, we are not responsible. The products must be complete and we must be able to resell the merchandise. Merchandise cannot be installed, used, altered or destroyed."

.. I don't really want to attempt an install and not be able to return if they don't fit.

Sponsored

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
RPI, if these don't fit perfectly, what's the return policy?

From the website:
"All products and orders must be returned to RPI Designs within 10 days of the receipt of product with an RMA number. You must contact us to obtain an RMA number before returning an products or orders. Refund will be given in full less actual shipping costs, less 10% restocking fee. If defect in item, RPI Designs will replace at no cost, or send a complete refund less shipping. Refunds are given when the merchandise is received as we shipped. If the products are damaged in shipment or the parts are not in the box, we are not responsible. The products must be complete and we must be able to resell the merchandise. Merchandise cannot be installed, used, altered or destroyed."

.. I don't really want to attempt an install and not be able to return if they don't fit.
I understand what your saying and asking and why. However mines installed and look great. From the look of the pic with the car having the top of the flap stick out, it looks like mine did before I put the clips that came with the kit on the upper part. Now mines looks awesome. I will try and take pics this evening.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand what your saying and asking and why. However mines installed and look great. From the look of the pic with the car having the top of the flap stick out, it looks like mine did before I put the clips that came with the kit on the upper part. Now mines looks awesome. I will try and take pics this evening.
I'd like to see pictures of your flaps. Mine have the rounded top of the flap sticking out from the fender and the metal clip provided for the front won't hold it snug. The back don't feel very secure due to the 3 long screws and spacers used for mounting the flat splash guard to a molded fender well so there's not flat surface to flat surface mount except for the push retainer.

I'd like to see what you did differently to make them blend into the fender better and mount more substantially.

Thanks!

Jim

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
I wasn't happy with mine and PM'd RPI about a return. They said they'd happily accept one but I've been trying to get ahold of them for some days now about confirming the return information and they haven't returned any PM's

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
I wasn't happy with mine and PM'd RPI about a return. They said they'd happily accept one but I've been trying to get ahold of them for some days now about confirming the return information and they haven't returned any PM's
They're still not returning my PM's...

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Starting to get pretty upset here...

Sponsored

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is an install update:

I decided to see if I could add the needed extra mounting stiffness and make them blend to the body lines better.

All, this is available at Lowes in the special fastener section;

The fronts required two #6 x 3/4" screws on each side with a retainer washer that matched the ones supplied with the mudflaps. I drilled pilot holes in the small lip of the front fender and one through the ABS mudflap after I pushed the top of the mudflap flush with the fender. That added stiffness to the mudflap and held it in place so the mud flap blends with the weel well opening and looks factory. I then replaced all three of the plastic push pin retaining clips with ones from Lowes. This is only necessary if they didn't uninstall well.

The back flaps only required one 3" screw with 2 1/2" of nylon spacers installed between the flap and the body. There is a portion of a plastic brace behind the top of the flap that you can drill a pilot hole in with a corresponding pilot hole through the flap positioning it flush to the wheel opening that once installed provides a secure solid mount and holds the splash guard where it should be so it blends in with the wheel opening.

I'm happy with them now. All of the parts were available at lowes at a total cost of under $10. They all are now securely mounted and have a factory installed appearance.

HTH

Jim

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150

I decided to see if I could add the needed extra mounting stiffness and make them blend to the body lines better.

The fronts required two #6 x 3/4" screws on each side with a retainer washer that matched the ones supplied with the mudflaps. I drilled pilot holes in the small lip of the front fender and one through the ABS mudflap after I pushed the top of the mudflap flush with the fender. That added stiffness to the mudflap and held it in place so the mud flap blends with the weel well opening and looks factory. I then replaced all three of the plastic push pin retaining clips with ones from Lowes. This is only necessary if they didn't uninstall well.

The back flaps only required one 3" screw with 2 1/2" of nylon spacers installed between the flap and the body. There is a portion of a plastic brace behind the top of the flap that you can drill a pilot hole in with a corresponding pilot hole through the flap positioning it flush to the wheel opening that once installed provides a secure solid mount and holds the splash guard where it should be so it blends in with the wheel opening.

I'm happy with them now. All of the parts were available at lowes at a total cost of under $10. They all are now securely mounted and have a factory installed appearance.

HTH

Jim
Sounds great, but do you have any pics?

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
So I have a set of these for sale since RPI won't return my PM's. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, never mounted, just was not impressed with the quality of them whatsoever.

Best offer takes them.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored

HTH

Jim
Thanks for the update on install. I might do this myself. It would not be fun to have to mess with these down the line.

Although now we're approaching $60 for a very simple set of splash guards..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.