Sponsored

New for 2017 GT350

Kung Fu English

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3 but a GT350 soon maybe
LOL are you really arguing that a base 2016 will be more valuable down the road because it's rare?

There are plenty of things out there that are rare and not worth shit.

It won't be worth more because no one will want it. That's exactly why no one built it that way.

You can't go and say "well dealer's are adding ADM to tech pack cars so a base is a better investment" while making the assumption you are getting the base at MSRP vs a tech pack at ADM.

You have to assume both at ADM or both at MSRP.

There are more tech packs because they are more sought after. Plain and simple. The option packs depreciate just like the car does. So if the car is worth 75% of MSRP, the option pack will be worth 75% of what it was as well. So a tech pack car will be worth about 5k more than a base car assuming 75% depreciation.
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
LOL are you really arguing that a base 2016 will be more valuable down the road because it's rare?

It won't be worth more because no one will want it. That's exactly why no one built it that way.

You can't go and say "well dealer's are adding ADM to tech pack cars so a base is a better investment" while making the assumption you are getting the base at MSRP vs a tech pack at ADM.

There are more tech packs because they are more sought after. Plain and simple. The option packs depreciate just like the car does. So if the car is worth 75% of MSRP, the option pack will be worth 75% of what it was as well. So a tech pack car will be worth about 5k more than a base car assuming 75% depreciation.
Exactly the base is rare bc no one wants it. Not gonna make it valuable.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Well if nobody wants it then surely that ADM will fall off or not exist at some point right?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Are people paying ADM on a base car ?
I don't know?

But if nobody wants them then surely the dealers would have to sell them at msrp.

Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350

While I wont proclaim that there is anything to the rare claim, I will say that I proudly ordered mine as a base because that's what I could afford. Other than the Magnaride (which 90% of us will never truly realize (on a track) and a wing (which I plan on slapping on my car once I can get one) no one will have a clue what it is or is not. I couldn't be happier with my decision. Hell, I'm driving a GT350!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kung Fu English

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3 but a GT350 soon maybe
Well if nobody wants it then surely that ADM will fall off or not exist at some point right?
ADM is already starting to fall off as the cars sit and sit for months and months.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Ouch, I wouldn't say no one wants it. :paddle:
It's just that any dealer ordered car is gong to check every box possible for more profit. Even most people who special order cars want to check as many boxes as possible. I think it's awesome Ford offered a poor man's version if only for a little while:D

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Are people paying ADM on a base car ?
I'm paying $2,000 adm on my base and that was when I ordered back in Sept. And I could of ordered any combo. Which by the way is built and coming next week!

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know?

But if nobody wants them then surely the dealers would have to sell them at msrp.
The conversation was does that rarity of the base make it valuable. I say no. It's rare bc a minority of people want a base car. If they want it bad enough I am sure some will pay ADM. Is that a good decision , I don't know. Doesn't change the fact that most people do not want a base car. The price someone is willing to pay for it from a dealer is irrelevant.

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
The conversation was does that rarity of the base make it valuable. I say no.
I also say no, and there is plenty of precedent to support our expectation of how the market will value uncommon "Base" GT350s. Example: the 1968 Ford Mustang could be bought with a 2bbl 390ci V8s, and only 733 were sold. These were "X Code" cars, not to be confused with the 4bbl 390ci "S Code" cars.

What's a very rare 1968 X Code worth today? A lot less than the much more common S Code. Why? The market tends to frown on things that were at the bottom of the totem pole. I'd argue that the '68 X Code is even less desirable than a '68 J Code 302ci. The J Code was the "best" small block, while the X Code was the "worst" big block. People seek out J Code '68s. Nobody wants an X Code.

Rarity does not equal valuable.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Rarity does not equal valuable.
+1. I once owned a "rare" 1968 Pontiac GTO with a front bench seat and column mounted shifter for the TH400 trans. Pontiac Historical Services said there were only about 100 built with the bench seat, while the other 77,000 or so '68 GTO's had bucket seats with the floor shifter. So, rare? Yes - very! Valuable? Hell no! Made it very difficult to resell it and I almost had to give it away despite being a very nice car at the time.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
There are no "base" 2015 MY Shelbys - half with track, half with tech, and 37 R models. Those are rare and will hold value. As we have seen already on Mecum, a 2015 DIB track sold for $115K. Galpin Ford in LA was asking $119K (?) for 2016 R model. Those are also rare and will hold value thru the years. Regardless, us peons that own only a regular 2016 GT350, whether it is base, track, or tech, or those planning to purchase the same in 2017, are experiencing a truly wonderful car. Let's not argue over future value and just enjoy what we have today.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
Because the only speaker that matters is under your hood...
Bull shot...my money spends and I want a premium stereo set up. Looks like I'm not the only one.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no "base" 2015 MY Shelbys - half with track, half with tech, and 37 R models. Those are rare and will hold value. As we have seen already on Mecum, a 2015 DIB track sold for $115K. Galpin Ford in LA was asking $119K (?) for 2016 R model. Those are also rare and will hold value thru the years. Regardless, us peons that own only a regular 2016 GT350, whether it is base, track, or tech, or those planning to purchase the same in 2017, are experiencing a truly wonderful car. Let's not argue over future value and just enjoy what we have today.
I am going to be one of those peons in 2017, cant wait.
Sponsored