Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
so my car just went under surgery.

shop installed:

whipple

stage 3 calimer trans 26 spline

mantic clutch

and qa1 carbon fiber driveshaft

they got it all put together, but shop informed me that the clutch is not disengaging.. i was hoping they could figure it out, but still nothing.. they thinking maybe need to replace clutch.. anyone have this type of issue before? also have mgw shifter, not sure if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
What year is the car? I have a 19 and could not get my new mantic cerametalic clutch to release without forcing the shifter, and even sometimes would stall the car. I've read up on some issues on the mt82 d4 and the mantic not getting along with the d4. I called mantic and he claimed to not know of any problems even though a few people on here and youtube have had the exact same issue. I reinstalled it 3 times and it wouldn't work. I still have yet to send my $2400 piece of junk to him to see what's what

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wonder if the Mantic requires taking certain measurements to determine whether or not the slave cylinder needs to be shimmed? I know it’s a different clutch, but maybe the same principles apply.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What year is the car? I have a 19 and could not get my new mantic cerametalic clutch to release without forcing the shifter, and even sometimes would stall the car. I've read up on some issues on the mt82 d4 and the mantic not getting along with the d4. I called mantic and he claimed to not know of any problems even though a few people on here and youtube have had the exact same issue. I reinstalled it 3 times and it wouldn't work. I still have yet to send my $2400 piece of junk to him to see what's what

mine is a 2016

trans is calimer stage 3, not sure what year it came out of

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shop is in touch with Mantic USA, and seems like they have maybe resolved issue.
ill find out what it was. trans is being put back in now.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got car back, its running and passed the 500 mile break in. since ive started driving it, ive noticed the clutch is rather loud when clutch pedal is engaged. almost like something spinning loosely, goes away when let clutch out. anyone else noticed that with mantic clutch and stage 3 calimer? 26 spline.

clutch grabs higher than the rst did in my stock trans, and at first was really hard to get used to. was jerky if didnt ride clutch pedal out just right.. it seems to have gotten easier with the miles.. i can take off without looking like a complete newb.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
got car back, its running and passed the 500 mile break in. since ive started driving it, ive noticed the clutch is rather loud when clutch pedal is engaged. almost like something spinning loosely, goes away when let clutch out. anyone else noticed that with mantic clutch and stage 3 calimer? 26 spline.

clutch grabs higher than the rst did in my stock trans, and at first was really hard to get used to. was jerky if didnt ride clutch pedal out just right.. it seems to have gotten easier with the miles.. i can take off without looking like a complete newb.
What did the shop determine the previous issue was?

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did the shop determine the previous issue was?
They didnt give me full detail on what they did to resolve. i will ask when i return for dyno. i know it was something with measurements once it was fully bolted together.
Sponsored