949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Will there be a group buy?
Sorry, we don't offer group buys. The prices on 949 Racing wheels remain constant whether you purchase from one of our dealers or direct from our website. From what we can see in the market, our 19" 6UL is one of the lowest priced wheels (and lightest) with VIA certification already. That our 770kg load rating validates it as the strongest LP cast flow formed wheel on the market sets it further apart. So in that sense, it's always on sale :)
Sponsored

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Sorry, we don't offer group buys. The prices on 949 Racing wheels remain constant whether you purchase from one of our dealers or direct from our website. From what we can see in the market, our 19" 6UL is one of the lowest priced wheels (and lightest) with VIA certification already. That our 770kg load rating validates it as the strongest LP cast flow formed wheel on the market sets it further apart. So in that sense, it's always on sale :)
Well I guess that I like that I don't have to wait until a holiday to buy for fear of missing a deal. Is there any benefit for me pre-ordering? Is there a discount for that?

Are you all going to be making an offset for the 19x10 to fit the rear? Does it need a different offset or would it be good to go for a square set up? 11" wide is going to be overkill for my uses (and tire budget)

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Well I guess that I like that I don't have to wait until a holiday to buy for fear of missing a deal. Is there any benefit for me pre-ordering? Is there a discount for that?

Are you all going to be making an offset for the 19x10 to fit the rear? Does it need a different offset or would it be good to go for a square set up? 11" wide is going to be overkill for my uses (and tire budget)
Same deal, just get wheels sooner. First batch will be small and typically sells out. Second batch will be bigger as we start to get get some dealers online.

We always recommend first deciding on what tire you are going to run then choosing the optimum wheel for that tire. If you go with say 275/30 or 275/40, the 19x10 +37 is plug and play, rotateable. 19x11 up front I what we call a Race Fitment. Extra camber needed and they still might touch the liners at full bump and full lock. Plus it's impossible to do a square 11" fitment on the S550 without either spacers or two different offsets.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Same deal, just get wheels sooner. First batch will be small and typically sells out. Second batch will be bigger as we start to get get some dealers online.

We always recommend first deciding on what tire you are going to run then choosing the optimum wheel for that tire. If you go with say 275/30 or 275/40, the 19x10 +37 is plug and play, rotateable. 19x11 up front I what we call a Race Fitment. Extra camber needed and they still might touch the liners at full bump and full lock. Plus it's impossible to do a square 11" fitment on the S550 without either spacers or two different offsets.
Good to know! I'd be debating 19x10 with 275/35 (Firehawk Indys or maybe stretching budget for Pilot Super Sports) all around or possibly that in the front with the rear being 19x11 & idk what size tire. I need to do a little research into what effect these choices have.

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Good to know! I'd be debating 19x10 with 275/35 (Firehawk Indys or maybe stretching budget for Pilot Super Sports) all around or possibly that in the front with the rear being 19x11 & idk what size tire. I need to do a little research into what effect these choices have.
The look is largely the same. Our 10 and 11" rear option have the same "poke" or outward offset. The extra inch on the 1"" wheel is all inboard. This means the faces are basically the same. So switching from 10 to 11" rear doesn't change the look much, but it does add another inch of rubber out back. Hooks up a little better coming off turns or leaving the line but you lose the convenience of being able to rotate.

If you don't run much more than OEM camber up front, the fronts will wear shoulders, rears wear inside. Being able to rotate say, every oil change allows you to squeeze more miles out of each set of tires.

So weigh that bit of extra corner exit/leaving line grip vs rotating periodically.