Sponsored

Need some ideas and help from the board...

OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'd understand if you want to just keep this between you and him but I'd love to see video of this - tugs at a car guys heartstrings.
I’ve thought about having someone at the dealership video it on a phone...I think it is a great idea, just need to figure out how to do it and not have it spoil the surprise. Would be cool to look back on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Many thanks for all the ideas and thoughts. I can’t wait...will be one of the highlights of our relationship. I got in touch with some old friends of his to get more details on his old car. I thought about doing a LB R with black stripes to somewhat match his old car, but couldn’t find one close that was reasonable cost.

Here is what his old car was...not his, just a pic I found on google that is the same color as his was.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I like the showroom idea. No need to make a huge production of it. Walk around it, ogle it, then BOOM...all his.

But he can still safely drive for a while?

OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I like the showroom idea. No need to make a huge production of it. Walk around it, ogle it, then BOOM...all his.

But he can still safely drive for a while?
He can for now...when he can’t, I’ll take him for rides in it whenever he wants.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
U definitely need it on video, maybe if dealership has a receptionist you can get her to do it, typically these are young ladies tech savvy and will get u a good video!

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
What a story, what a gift! I’d be tossing him the keys on the showroom floor, because there’s no way i’d be able to speak plainly.

I also say get it on video, if you feel like sharing... people will enjoy seeing this.

Had to read it to my girlfriend...you got a long “awwww that’s precious” and a few tears:cheers:

OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What a story, what a gift! I’d be tossing him the keys on the showroom floor, because there’s no way i’d be able to speak plainly.

I also say get it on video, if you feel like sharing... people will enjoy seeing this.

Had to read it to my girlfriend...you got a long “awwww that’s precious” and a few tears:cheers:
Haha...does she have a sister? :D

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Good luck, I hope to do something similar (on a much smaller scale) for my dad in the upcoming years. Can't wait to hear about how it went!

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
One thing to think about. Respect his privacy and dignity. Remember that his generation didn't whip out their cellphones at a moment's notice and video everything in sight.

I think it would be great to have the car sitting in the showroom. Get the general manager to come over and move away the stanchions. Open the door and say. "Have a seat, sir." Then all you need to do is say "it's your's, Dad." If you dare to look, you'll see tears in everybody's eyes.

Make it short, simple and dignified. It doesn't need to be a big production. You don't need to surprise him with signs and theatrics. Just communicate to him in words - just between you two.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
One thing to think about. Respect his privacy and dignity. Remember that his generation didn't whip out their cellphones at a moment's notice and video everything in sight.

I think it would be great to have the car sitting in the showroom. Get the general manager to come over and move away the stanchions. Open the door and say. "Have a seat, sir." Then all you need to do is say "it's your's, Dad." If you dare to look, you'll see tears in everybody's eyes.

Make it short, simple and dignified. It doesn't need to be a big production. You don't need to surprise him with signs and theatrics. Just communicate to him in words - just between you two.
Winner....great plan. Will get in it with him and tell him when just the two of us are in the car.

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Great idea you have for your Dad. He will really appreciate it as he was one of a very few that owned "K" cars. I remember when I saw and heard one brand new. What an incredible sound those solid lifters made. Always wanted to own one, but now have a 2017 GT350. He will love it.

OP
OP

TommyBehindTheDeuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Great idea you have for your Dad. He will really appreciate it as he was one of a very few that owned "K" cars. I remember when I saw and heard one brand new. What an incredible sound those solid lifters made. Always wanted to own one, but now have a 2017 GT350. He will love it.
I had never heard “K” cars until your post, so i googled it. His car was stolen from Macon, GA and found up in Dawsonville, which was moonshine country back in the day...only think missing was the engine, and the car had been burned to hide any evidence that might be left behind.

Thanks to you for letting me know about K cars.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
sub'd

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I had never heard “K” cars until your post, so i googled it. His car was stolen from Macon, GA and found up in Dawsonville, which was moonshine country back in the day...only think missing was the engine, and the car had been burned to hide any evidence that might be left behind.

Thanks to you for letting me know about K cars.
They sounded great. K cars weren't the only solid lifter equipped cars out of the factory...but adjusting those lifters all the time sucked. It worked out though, since the crappy cork valve cover gasket tended to start to leak anyway.. LOL
Sponsored