fxsts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2015 GT PP anniversary package
I recently bought a 2015 GT pp with the 50-year package. I found out that
the previous owner put what appear to be about 25mm spacers all round.
I would never have done that myself but it turns out that I really like how it makes the car stand out and I'd like to keep them on until I get wheels. It has the black 19" pp wheels on it with 275-40s on back and 255-40s on front. I want to lower it with the eibach sportline springs and want to know if it will clear in the back. Some people won't talk to me once they find out that I have spacers and others won't talk to me because I want to lower it. My idea is to lower the car ad then if I have issues, go with a thinner spacer. Does this sound logical or no?

I have come across this attitude before, once with a 63 cadillac and again with an '03 harley but I didn't expect it with very light mods to a mustang. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I'm lowered on Sportlines with PP wheels, but I don't use any spacers at all. I'd be surprised if you get any rub though. There's lots of room to play with. You should be fine. You can always play with camber to dial in the fit too. Good luck.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
All you will need to do is adjust the rear camber a bit and your fine.

People get scared when they hear spacers, dont worry.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
People get scared when they hear spacers, dont worry.
This is me for sure... Just something about wheel spacers that I don't like the idea of. My mind tells me that they are safe, but I will never use any on a car that I own. My stock PP wheels are going to be the dedicated winter set, so honestly, the more tucked they are the better.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
This is me for sure... Just something about wheel spacers that I don't like the idea of. My mind tells me that they are safe, but I will never use any on a car that I own. My stock PP wheels are going to be the dedicated winter set, so honestly, the more tucked they are the better.
Slimmer width the easier they cut through snow so ya.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Adapters or spacers?
Are they long studs?
Can you take a wheel off and post a picture?

Aluminum adapters are notorious for the short studs underneath losing torque and allowing movement or the adapter in shear cracking.

Spacers are pure compression and are used in motorsports including Pirelli or Conti series.

OP
OP

fxsts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2015 GT PP anniversary package
Thanks for the info everyone, appreciate it. I'm off of work for a month (surgery on my arm) so I won't be doing any work myself but I'll get this thing up on a lift and figure out exactly what I'm dealing with before I do anything. I was told they were spacers, that's all I know at this point. I will post again when I know, with a picture.
If they're not safe, they're coming off.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
AT that size im 100% certain their adapters with forged studs pressed into them, our factory studs on the hub cant take anymore more then 8 mm at max. Unless its a 350R those suckers have a 3" front stud.
Sponsored