Sponsored

Need opinions on which tire to buy

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Only have had the car for a month and a half and i’m already sick of the stock pirelli p zero nero’s. They’re garbage. I had michelin pilot sport 4s on my previous mustangs and they were great tires except for winter time. Don’t really see much snow in texas but it gets icy here and there. I know that they were summer tires and not really meant for winter. I’m having a hard time choosing between michelin pilot sport all season 4 and continental extremecontact dws06 plus. I’m more towards the continentals but I would like to get opinions from you guys.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m a Continental guy, so I would go with the Conti. Every bit as good as Michelin IMO.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They are both great tires. Conti’s run a little softer due to their sidewalks. They are also cheaper. Flip a coin or buy which one looks better to you!

59CD1F0B-25C6-4464-AF6C-B268ED9CD277.jpeg

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
I can’t say I’ve had any experience with the Pilot Sports, but I put a set of those Continentals on my Mustang and they are way better tires than the Pirellis. Overall I’m very happy with them. I haven’t had a chance to try them out on ice yet though.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
I live in N TX and had P zeros stock on my
2021 PP. The chip sealed roads all around me ate them up in 6k miles. I have since switched to pilot sport all season 4 and they are holding up much better. This will be my first winter with them but I imagine they will be way better than the p zeros which were basically useless when it got very cold here.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Only have had the car for a month and a half and i’m already sick of the stock pirelli p zero nero’s. They’re garbage.
Just curious: what is it you dislike so much about the P Zero Neros? I keep reading comments like this but no one ever explains. I have them OEM stock on both of my GTs and so far I can’t find anything about them that’s no bueno. And I push ‘em pretty hard on these curvy mountain roads.

I sometimes wonder if it’s just cool to hate on P Zero Neros.

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
My last set was Goodyear Assurance Comfortdrive and loved em. They were quiet and rode great.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good choice. Definitely cheaper. Not necessarily better but still an awesome tire.
I would agree, I don’t think the Conti’s are necessarily better than the Michelin but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they’re about equal

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Only have had the car for a month and a half and i’m already sick of the stock pirelli p zero nero’s. They’re garbage. I had michelin pilot sport 4s on my previous mustangs and they were great tires except for winter time. Don’t really see much snow in texas but it gets icy here and there. I know that they were summer tires and not really meant for winter. I’m having a hard time choosing between michelin pilot sport all season 4 and continental extremecontact dws06 plus. I’m more towards the continentals but I would like to get opinions from you guys.
Testing results from people that have driven both... https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=280

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Tough call, these are two solid options. Both options grip well and handle cooler weather. In my personal experience, the Michelin respond to steering input quicker. I don't think you can go wrong either way though.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Just curious: what is it you dislike so much about the P Zero Neros? I keep reading comments like this but no one ever explains. I have them OEM stock on both of my GTs and so far I can’t find anything about them that’s no bueno. And I push ‘em pretty hard on these curvy mountain roads.

I sometimes wonder if it’s just cool to hate on P Zero Neros.
if you’ve had other tires on your stang, you woulda seen and felt that the p zeros are not that good of a tire. they don’t dampen as well as other brands, they don’t have as good traction, and they don’t look that good.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Got the tires today and holy shi* what a difference from the pirelli’s. it was almost everything i expected it to be. Only thing is that it makes the car look not as “lowered” as the pirelli’s did. There’s just a little more gap between the tire and fender but idk it could just be my eyes. Michelin ps4s have the best look on a wheel imo but that wasn’t a choice. but damn it performs as good as michelin. I’ve always been a michelin guy but pirelli has gotten my respect for sure.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Tough call, these are two solid options. Both options grip well and handle cooler weather. In my personal experience, the Michelin respond to steering input quicker. I don't think you can go wrong either way though.
Thanks for your input. Funny thing is that i bought the tires from discount tire and mounted and balanced them myself at my shop and did an alignment after.
Sponsored