Sponsored

Need help with photos of under mustang

Grady_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium 401a
2018 GT premium here, got these photos from my dealer, but would like help figuring out what is wrong and what kind of parts I need to get to fix the issues.

Just got the car used as well.
IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1142.jpg
IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Car has a tubular subframe on it. Not sure what "problems" you're trying to sort out here, but looks like you're missing the strut tower bar and at least one large subframe nut down there.

OP
OP
Grady_

Grady_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car has a tubular subframe on it. Not sure what "problems" you're trying to sort out here, but looks like you're missing the strut tower bar and at least one large subframe nut down there.
Car rides pretty rough with a bunch of BMR suspension parts. Also, some creaking and whining when driving. Just trying to make sure I can buy the right hardware, since it is missing some already.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Creaks and rattles and squeaks are not unheard of when you buy someone else's used race car.

1st picture just looks like some of the subframe nuts and bolts need tightened. Would recommend a nut/bolt check across the entire car.

2nd pic is fine, nothing missing other than the strut tower bar and the nuts to hold it on. Nothing necessarily needed here.

3rd picture is hard to identify and looks like the bolt/stud there may be broken.

The 4th and last pic should just need the factory nut, same as the other 3 nuts on the subframe.

OP
OP
Grady_

Grady_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Creaks and rattles and squeaks are not unheard of when you buy someone else's used race car.

1st picture just looks like some of the subframe nuts and bolts need tightened. Would recommend a nut/bolt check across the entire car.

2nd pic is fine, nothing missing other than the strut tower bar and the nuts to hold it on. Nothing necessarily needed here.

3rd picture is hard to identify and looks like the bolt/stud there may be broken.

The 4th and last pic should just need the factory nut, same as the other 3 nuts on the subframe.
Thank you very much!

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Car rides pretty rough with a bunch of BMR suspension parts. Also, some creaking and whining when driving. Just trying to make sure I can buy the right hardware, since it is missing some already.
If it's a BMR K-Member then the motor is sitting 1/2 inch lower than stock. If the car has headers, it's probably touching on the passenger side which causes vibration. It usually touches under load with the motor moves.

Noise is probably due to steel bushings usually in the rear subframe. I had all mine removed, hated it. Squeaks, make sure if the car has lowering springs that they have anti-squeal isolators at the top and bottom of the spring.

OP
OP
Grady_

Grady_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's a BMR K-Member then the motor is sitting 1/2 inch lower than stock. If the car has headers, it's probably touching on the passenger side which causes vibration. It usually touches under load with the motor moves.

Noise is probably due to steel bushings usually in the rear subframe. I had all mine removed, hated it. Squeaks, make sure if the car has lowering springs that they have anti-squeal isolators at the top and bottom of the spring.
Car doesn' have headers, cat back borla exhaust, It is a BMR K member, BMR Lowering springs, steeda stop the hop kit, unsure if the bushings are stock or not. I am getting it on a lift Friday to take a closer look myself. When I look in my rear view, I cant get a clear view since its vibrating so much lol

No idea where to find the missing nut from the 4th photo.
Sponsored