Sponsored

Need advice on s/c car!

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
Alright, here's my predicament. I'll be looking to buy a stang in the next couple months but am having trouble on deciding. I'll either get a 13/14 gt500, but for less money I can get a new gt with a Roush phase 1 and warranty. It's about the same power but less torque. I've been looking through the forum and lots of people suggest Whipple, which I'd love, but don't get to keep the warranty. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? Thanks! :headbonk:
Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Alright, here's my predicament. I'll be looking to buy a stang in the next couple months but am having trouble on deciding. I'll either get a 13/14 gt500, but for less money I can get a new gt with a Roush phase 1 and warranty. It's about the same power but less torque. I've been looking through the forum and lots of people suggest Whipple, which I'd love, but don't get to keep the warranty. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? Thanks! :headbonk:
I thought roush stage one was just aesthetic parts on the car. But personally I'd get the new car even if I had to wait and whipple it later, risking the warranty

OP
OP
Phelix

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
I thought roush stage one was just aesthetic parts on the car. But personally I'd get the new car even if I had to wait and whipple it later, risking the warranty
Stage 1 is. Phase one is a supercharger upgrade.

I should note that I'm not looking to drag race or anything. Just want something fun for the street, which is why a gt500 has my attention. Though I did test drive a 15 yesterday and those ac seats are amazing.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
For the amount of money you plan to spend, buy a NEW car and not used (USED) car!
Just remember even with Roush S/C, you still loose drive-train warranty from manufacture. Let's say you put some bad gas in and get detonation and blow the engine. Ford will NOT replace your engine.

OP
OP
Phelix

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
For the amount of money you plan to spend, buy a NEW car and not used (USED) car!
Just remember even with Roush S/C, you still loose drive-train warranty from manufacture. Let's say you put some bad gas in and get detonation and blow the engine. Ford will NOT replace your engine.
Hmmm. I've been led to believe I would keep that... Guess I'll have to question them. If I don't get warranty, Whipple all the way I guess.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
^ what he said. I paid the $995 to get the coverage. Before I ordered my car and parts I spoke with both Roush & Ford both said whatever Ford won't cover under warranty then Roush will and it's detailed in the warranty information. So 1k for almost 11k coverage a insurance policy. Whipple makes monster power but for ME I can sleep at night knowing if something goes wrong it's covered.

OP
OP
Phelix

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
^^^ But - you can buy an extended warranty from Roush to cover the stuff Ford will be dropping !

Read here & be sure to explore the links & warranty details:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1176618&postcount=105
Awesome. Thanks. Maybe I will continue with them. Waiting on word from my dealership. Shouldn't be too hard to swap a vmp on after the warranty is done, hey? I would like to be around 700 whp at the end. I get that includes upgrading other components.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Awesome. Thanks. Maybe I will continue with them. Waiting on word from my dealership. Shouldn't be too hard to swap a vmp on after the warranty is done, hey? I would like to be around 700 whp at the end. I get that includes upgrading other components.
There would be little point to that since they both use the same TVS supercharger ;)
If you want more power post 3/36, then you could go with the Roush Phase II or get one of the tuners to do a custom tune (or both). You will need to upgrade the fuel pump, injectors, plugs + some other stuff to go to the next level.

To be honest, I have a hard time finding places/times where I can really tap the Phase I power & I live pretty much in the sticks. It's wicked fast & if you are not paying attention, it will put you in the weeds in a heartbeat. So unless it's your intention to take the car to the track or strip, probably little point to more HP. I just wanted a go fast toy I could have some fun with without sacrificing too many creature comforts or having to deal with repair hassles. I have zero interest in taking it to the strip or track at the moment & likely never will.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Bad gas blow up won't be covered by ford warranty anyway. You guys really need to do more research on warranty stuff.

I run a vmp because of experience with Justin and co. Forget the warranty. My advice is, if you can't afford to fix it, or have the knowledge and ability to fix it yourself, don't do anything that might impede your warranty. Else you might (and it's really a long shot) end up with a big headache.

Vmp does some upgrades to the roush that nets the best of both. The torque of the tvs and damn near the power of the whipple. Go research numbers yourself and don't believe the fanboys from either camp. Make sure you compare cars mod for mod and psi for psi and you'll see what the truth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phelix

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
Bad gas blow up won't be covered by ford warranty anyway. You guys really need to do more research on warranty stuff.

I run a vmp because of experience with Justin and co. Forget the warranty. My advice is, if you can't afford to fix it, or have the knowledge and ability to fix it yourself, don't do anything that might impede your warranty. Else you might (and it's really a long shot) end up with a big headache.

Vmp does some upgrades to the roush that nets the best of both. The torque of the tvs and damn near the power of the whipple. Go research numbers yourself and don't believe the fanboys from either camp. Make sure you compare cars mod for mod and psi for psi and you'll see what the truth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually very anti roots blowers. I am an industrial mechanic and we are always taught twin screw are more efficient. Justin has taught me and proved to me their tvs' are awesome. I'm not one to fan boy. But the warranty is just an ease of mine thing.

OP
OP
Phelix

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
There would be little point to that since they both use the same TVS supercharger ;)
If you want more power post 3/36, then you could go with the Roush Phase II or get one of the tuners to do a custom tune (or both). You will need to upgrade the fuel pump, injectors, plugs + some other stuff to go to the next level.

To be honest, I have a hard time finding places/times where I can really tap the Phase I power & I live pretty much in the sticks. It's wicked fast & if you are not paying attention, it will put you in the weeds in a heartbeat. So unless it's your intention to take the car to the track or strip, probably little point to more HP. I just wanted a go fast toy I could have some fun with without sacrificing too many creature comforts or having to deal with repair hassles. I have zero interest in taking it to the strip or track at the moment & likely never will.
Was yours installed by a ford/roush dealer? What do you do for gauges? I've seen some. Guys have it added to their lcd display between their tac and speedo

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Would anyone recommend vmp?
Only if you want to go really fast :headbang:. Their Stage 3 kit on a Ken Bjonnes tune is a guaranteed 10 sec 130+ car on 11psi/pump gas. There are not many other kits that are a sure thing right out of the box.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Only if you want to go really fast :headbang:. Their Stage 3 kit on a Ken Bjonnes tune is a guaranteed 10 sec 130+ car on 11psi/pump gas. There are not many other kits that are a sure thing right out of the box.
This^^^
Sponsored