Navigation and various Infotainment Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
I think I see on the amp where you choose 2, 4, or 6 channel. Is that how it manages the input vs. output?
Here's an example of a 5 channel amp:

You can see it has 3 sets of RCA inputs. The first two are labeled 1-2, and 3-4. These will be the left and right front, and left and right rear inputs, which makes 4 channels.

So what about the extra set of RCAs labelled Sub. W.? On higher end aftermarket head units, you'll often find three sets of RCA outputs. The first two are the front/rear left/right RCAs that match up with those inputs on the amp. The third set of outputs on these head units is a dedicated subwoofer out, which is a signal of all four combined channels, unaffected by balance or fader settings on the head unit.

Nicer aftermarket head units often have dedicated crossovers, EQ and volume just for the sub output as well, so you can tweak the sound going to your subwoofer directly from the head unit.

If you don't have a dedicated sub out on your head unit, as those of us with factory Mustang stereos don't, you can just connect the 4 channels from your stock stereo to the amp, set the selector switch, and let the amp combine all four signals and send the whole thing to the subwoofer.

Here's a picture of the switch on the amp above:

It's the one labelled SUB W. INPUT, on the bottom right. You'd set it to 1+2+3+4 to sum the channels, instead of SUB W., which you'd use if you had a dedicated subwoofer output coming out of your head unit.
Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
awesome info. thanks for taking the extra time to help me understand. I really am looking forward to doing my first audio install.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Well WPT-1239 appears to be on infinite backorder. Anyone happen to have one laying around? lol

fordmustanglove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang GT
Sorry for reviving a old thread but anyone know how i can reach OEMradio? I tried email with no luck, im sure he is busy but if anyone knows id appreciate it.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
his Facebook page has his phone number. odd he's not replying to your emails, he always responds quickly to any emails I send him, what email address are you using? [email protected]

Sponsored

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Sorry.. I hadn't replied in a few days.. I was not feeling well.. and hostly after the debacle of me posting my number I just took a few days.. I was stressed to the max... Its not really a bad thing to have business. its a bad thing to have people that aren't reasonable.. I literally have people that called back to back at 5 am.. at 9 pm at 1 am.. and I was just getting stressed.. I had to take a few days for y sanity.. please whats your name so I can find your email.. I am going through them now.. to answer as many as I can..

Thanks and sorry If I haven't gotten to you..

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Sorry.. I hadn't replied in a few days.. I was not feeling well.. and hostly after the debacle of me posting my number I just took a few days.. I was stressed to the max... Its not really a bad thing to have business. its a bad thing to have people that aren't reasonable.. I literally have people that called back to back at 5 am.. at 9 pm at 1 am.. and I was just getting stressed.. I had to take a few days for y sanity.. please whats your name so I can find your email.. I am going through them now.. to answer as many as I can..

No worries, I sent you an email also and know you are usually really responsive so I figured there was a good reason if you hadn't responded. :cheers:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

hope you feel better man! calling some people unreasonable is being extremely nice of you :headbonk:who calls someone at 1am wanting to do business? unless its of the illegal type business :lol:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
hope you feel better man! calling some people unreasonable is being extremely nice of you :headbonk:who calls someone at 1am wanting to do business? unless its of the illegal type business :lol:
Seriously... that is completely ridiculous. Some people are just :crazy:

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M

what you are doing for this community is nothing short of amazing! I hope you find the rest you need.
please do not let a few a$$holes get to you. your knowledge and dedication is like no other, I am glad you have found something you enjoy and can make a few bucks at.

Thank you!

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red

And that's why I prefer to email. Whenever I call someone on a personal phone line for business, I always worry that I'm interrupting them. Email is great because I can get out everything I want to say and doesn't require an immediate answer.

Doing business over the phone is fine, but for your own sanity set some hours, post them, and turn off your phone after those hours. No need to work yourself into the ground.

Anyway, I plan on picking up the programmer soon, since it seems like those ready now, I'll make sure to shoot you an email soon.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Is Jesse still in business?

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
let us know if you get a hold of him. i think there is a lot of people that would like his RCA harness.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.