Sponsored

MyFord Touch - No Sound

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone else had this issue on Australian build Mustangs.

For no apparent reason I no longer have sound from the "Information and Entertainment Display" (MyFord Touch) in my Mustang. ie: no sound when I touch the screen, no radio sound, no sound using the phone.

The US forums have threads saying this is not news and that normally it either just starts working again or putting a CD in and out of the unit (tried that) fixes the problem. Weird I know. The US forums make comment re "welcome to SYNC and Microsoft :) " and that there is no known solid reason for this or a fix.

Cheers
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang

For no apparent reason I no longer have sound from the "Information and Entertainment Display" (MyFord Touch) in my Mustang. ie: no sound when I touch the screen, no radio sound, no sound using the phone.

The US forums have threads saying this is not news and that normally it either just starts working again or putting a CD in and out of the unit (tried that) fixes the problem. Weird I know. The US forums make comment re "welcome to SYNC and Microsoft :) " and that there is no known solid reason for this or a fix.

Cheers
Sync 3 :headbang:

:paddle:

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi gs60wa
On the steering wheel you have a Mute button just below the speak button you may have accidently hit it..........

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...

Cheers
Do you have a phone (Iphone) plugged in when the sound stops?

Cheers

J

OP
OP
gs60wa

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi gs60wa
On the steering wheel you have a Mute button just below the speak button you may have accidently hit it..........
Good catch goff ..... but sadly it isn't the mute button

Sponsored

OP
OP
gs60wa

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you have a phone (Iphone) plugged in when the sound stops?

Cheers

J
Tried phone disconnected and connected. US forums mention that as a source of issue for SYNC 2 also.

<sigh>

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tried phone disconnected and connected. US forums mention that as a source of issue for SYNC 2 also.

<sigh>
I had the same on my Mondeo with sync 2 , but I put it down to my Ipod , It came and went a few times, I know it cuts in and out on the DAB radio also but that's reception , Lets see what Ford says..............:cool:

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert

Cheers
Yes I had it and got my dealership to look into it - they said I needed the latest Sync 2 update (I didn't even have DAB at that stage).

It looked like it was fixed but for some strange reason DAB, although now available as an option, locked up the whole of sync if I tried to select it.

I went back to the dealer and they had to reapply the update again (I think they said multiple times) to get everything working which it now finally is.

Get your dealership to apply the latest update and have them make sure that all functions are working properly (get them to pair up one of their phones to make sure the phone and the media functions work correctly). If its not working properly have them reapply the update until it does!:headbonk:

Good Luck!

OP
OP
gs60wa

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes I had it and got my dealership to look into it - they said I needed the latest Sync 2 update (I didn't even have DAB at that stage).

It looked like it was fixed but for some strange reason DAB, although now available as an option, locked up the whole of sync if I tried to select it.

I went back to the dealer and they had to reapply the update again (I think they said multiple times) to get everything working which it now finally is.

Get your dealership to apply the latest update and have them make sure that all functions are working properly (get them to pair up one of their phones to make sure the phone and the media functions work correctly). If its not working properly have them reapply the update until it does!:headbonk:

Good Luck!
My SYNC is already up to date :( Dropping past the dealership tomorrow for the guys to have a look.

OP
OP
gs60wa

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ended up having to get a full reload of the SYNC software at the dealership. All good now :)
Sponsored