Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Guys again for the ODO, the guy I went to is in Dubai and he had the knowledge and tools to do it - so I'm pretty sure your can find someone who can do it there, and it cost me $60 only!

I'm sure you can find a guy there somewhere you just need to look.
Too bad you aren't closer... :D
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
It's not too terribly bad to reprogram them if you get a serial reader and a soldering iron. There are legitimate tutorials online

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Cant wait to test out the my color, the cluster i got only has 100 miles lol
I wish i was at 100 instead of 45k :/

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I called a few dealerships and they want $310 to reprogram the cluster to the correct mileage...
I know you called several but it may be worthwhile to call more even if farther. When I published how to activate stereo controls on premium/Boss/GT500 steering wheels in base 2011 up S197s, the first 4 dealers I talked to wanted ~$200 for what was less than a 30 minute job. I eventually found a dealer that would do it for $45. I don't know if it helped but I did mention to the service manager that they would be getting repeat business when I posted they would do it for $45 (and they did get it).

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Do they actually work or is it just the menu options for them?
Launch control works but line lock is greyed out, i did hear somewhere you have to drive it for a while or press the brake, i know theres a trick to it, but no its not working atm. Launch control is pretty cool lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I posted a question asking what proof of actual mileage is acceptable.
This is actually a great point.

When it's time to sell / trade the car in, mileage questions will arise due to the cluster swap. So correct mileage or not, the swap will probably have a negative effect unless one keeps their car forever.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is actually a great point.

When it's time to sell / trade the car in, mileage questions will arise due to the cluster swap. So correct mileage or not, the swap will probably have a negative effect unless one keeps their car forever.
Their answer is no proof needed. They'll put any mileage you want on the odo.

Surprised this hasn't been shut down since future buyers will have no idea the mileage or cluster has been changed. The only thing a buyer could check would be Carfax to see the highest mileage ever logged there but those can be few or nonexistent. I've had good luck with cars. My 2011 Mustang never saw a dealer, my 2004 Dodge Ram never saw a dealer, my 2016 hasn't so far. Emission checks are waived for 5 years for new cars here. So Carfax isn't going to show any mileage checkpoints. So up to 5 years of age, I could change the odo to anything I want and a buyer wouldn't know otherwise.

Might as well put thumb wheels on the dash to let you set them however you want.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Their answer is no proof needed. They'll put any mileage you want on the odo.

Surprised this hasn't been shut down since future buyers will have no idea the mileage or cluster has been changed. The only thing a buyer could check would be Carfax to see the highest mileage ever logged there but those can be few or nonexistent. I've had good luck with cars. My 2011 Mustang never saw a dealer, my 2004 Dodge Ram never saw a dealer, my 2016 hasn't so far. Emission checks are waived for 5 years for new cars here. So Carfax isn't going to show any mileage checkpoints. So up to 5 years of age, I could change the odo to anything I want and a buyer wouldn't know otherwise.

Might as well put thumb wheels on the dash to let you set them however you want.
Do insurance companies in AZ keep track of mileage? AFAIK, here in CA they do annual checks. I found this out when I got a quote one time from AAA, they knew my mileage from my last mileage check with Mercury.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do insurance companies in AZ keep track of mileage? AFAIK, here in CA they do annual checks. I found this out when I got a quote one time from AAA, they knew my mileage from my last mileage check with Mercury.
I don't ever recall the insurance company doing a check. Maybe some do random audits. I assume "last check with Mercury" refers to your dealer. Dealers will report the mileage, but as I said, some people never take their car to a dealer. Only one of my last 4 new cars ever put a tire in a dealership after I drove off, and that's just because some idiot in an M3 t-boned it.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I don't ever recall the insurance company doing a check. Maybe some do random audits. I assume "last check with Mercury" refers to your dealer. Dealers will report the mileage, but as I said, some people never take their car to a dealer. Only one of my last 4 new cars ever put a tire in a dealership after I drove off, and that's just because some idiot in an M3 t-boned it.
Mercury does a yearly audit...AAA does it every 6 months, not sure about the others. Its part of some dumb provision that "penalizes" drivers for having higher than usual mileage usage. As for the dealership, like you said...they'll only update when a vehicle goes into service. Otherwise they won't know anything.
Sponsored