Sponsored

MY18 when do you expect delivery?

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Coincidently, I've just had an email from the dealer.

No more infomation about build, delivery, VIN, nothing.
He then speculated my order may become a 2019MY build.

I've replied advising that I "think" I want the 2018MY at the spec and price I agreed and is shown on my order form.

I'll see what happens next. However, generally, I'm going easy on the dealer.
If Ford are not communicating with their dealer network, it's hardly the fault of my sales man. It's frustrating, it doesn't help, but I'm getting the impression the issue is mainly with Ford U.K.
Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Coincidently, I've just had an email from the dealer.

No more infomation about build, delivery, VIN, nothing.
He then speculated my order may become a 2019MY build.

I've replied advising that I "think" I want the 2018MY at the spec and price I agreed and is shown on my order form.

I'll see what happens next. However, generally, I'm going easy on the dealer.
If Ford are not communicating with their dealer network, it's hardly the fault of my sales man. It's frustrating, it doesn't help, but I'm getting the impression the issue is mainly with Ford U.K.
:doh:

If you're a 2019 then you won't be getting a build until at least June. You ordered in Feb though so you should have been easily in time for a 2018.

03/02/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
03/22/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
06/07/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

03/12/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
04/12/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
06/11/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

That's according to http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64258-2019-mustang-production-information/

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT

If you're a 2019 then you won't be getting a build until at least June. You ordered in Feb though so you should have been easily in time for a 2018.

That's according to http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64258-2019-mustang-production-information/
I sat with the dealer, spec'd and signed a vehicle order form in early Jan 2018.
I was ready to submit the formal order back in September, but it seems Ford U.K. was slow to roll-out details for the 2018MY car, in the U.K.

Furthermore, the dealer reported difficulty submitting the order before Jan, something related to the dealer software not "talking" to he Ford ordering system??

It's all looking to be a bit of mess now. I certainly ordered before February and even though the order window for the 2018MY appears to have been very short, with me coming in with my order later in that window.
I'd of least hoped for a VIN by now.
:shrug:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I sat with the dealer, spec'd and signed a vehicle order form in early Jan 2018.
I was ready to submit the formal order back in September, but it seems Ford U.K. was slow to roll-out details for the 2018MY car, in the U.K.

Furthermore, the dealer reported difficulty submitting the order before Jan, something related to the dealer software not "talking" to he Ford ordering system??

It's all looking to be a bit of mess now. I certainly ordered before February and even though the order window for the 2018MY appears to have been very short, with me coming in with my order later in that window.
I'd of least hoped for a VIN by now.
:shrug:
Seems strange that your dealer couldn't order your car earlier. Mine was ordered through the Ford system back in late October/early November without any problems.
Id be guessing they forgot to put the order in and made up some bullshit to tell you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Avdb

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
100 from one dealer - that is impressive. The whole of the UK might not even be at 100 delivered 18s yet

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Seems strange that your dealer couldn't order your car earlier. Mine was ordered through the Ford system back in late October/early November without any problems.
Id be guessing they forgot to put the order in and made up some bullshit to tell you.
I've had a chat with the dealer. To be fair, the more research I do with thanks to PaulSlide for that ^ link too. It seems Ford is giving it's dealers a bit of a run-around and not just with Mustangs.

Up shot is it looks as though my order may be rolled into 19MY production.
Dealer has said there'll be no additional cost to me for what I've ordered.
However, I wanted Lightning Blue, which it seems will not be available on 19MY cars, being replaced I believe with Velocity blue, a colour I've not seen.
So being unsure about velocity blue, my "plan B" colours are Black or Mag grey.
:frusty:

Feeling a bit deflated with the delay, although I'm more inclined to sympathize with the dealer, who's almost a much in the dark as I am.
I get the impression Ford are being deliberately ambiguous about what and when while they try as hard as they can to move the remaining 17s.
I get the need to sell the remaining stock of a previous model, but deliberately keeping dealers and new customers guessing isn't very professional of Ford, in my opinion.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've had a chat with the dealer. To be fair, the more research I do with thanks to PaulSlide for that ^ link too. It seems Ford is giving it's dealers a bit of a run-around and not just with Mustangs.

Up shot is it looks as though my order may be rolled into 19MY production.
Dealer has said there'll be no additional cost to me for what I've ordered.
However, I wanted Lightning Blue, which it seems will not be available on 19MY cars, being replaced I believe with Velocity blue, a colour I've not seen.
So being unsure about velocity blue, my "plan B" colours are Black or Mag grey.
:frusty:

Feeling a bit deflated with the delay, although I'm more inclined to sympathize with the dealer, who's almost a much in the dark as I am.
I get the impression Ford are being deliberately ambiguous about what and when while they try as hard as they can to move the remaining 17s.
I get the need to sell the remaining stock of a previous model, but deliberately keeping dealers and new customers guessing isn't very professional of Ford, in my opinion.
I suppose your just going to have to sit back and relax. It will arrive when it arrives.
Ford really are excellent at costumer service but I suppose a lot of the other manufacturers are no better.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Had a call today to say that the car is gate released and its on its way to Baltimore to be shipped.

ETA at dealer is 16th June.
Excellent. I'm still hoping that's the worst case ETA and they'll actually be earlier than that.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

That messed with my head since they're american dates. :headbonk:

The order for my car was placed on the 5th of March, two days after the due date. So its likely I'll get a 19 if that data is accurate. Not that it bothers me, it just means the Sep~Dec window I was given as an estimate is now inaccurate and I have more time to save up cash for when I come to collect.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I suppose your just going to have to sit back and relax. It will arrive when it arrives.
Ford really are excellent at costumer service but I suppose a lot of the other manufacturers are no better.

Yeap, now I realise it's not likely to arrive anytime soon, gives me a chance to sell my trade in privately.
;)

Had a call today to say that the car is gate released and its on its way to Baltimore to be shipped.

ETA at dealer is 16th June.
Good news, post some pics up, when you get your car.
:headbang:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That messed with my head since they're american dates. :headbonk:

The order for my car was placed on the 5th of March, two days after the due date. So its likely I'll get a 19 if that data is accurate. Not that it bothers me, it just means the Sep~Dec window I was given as an estimate is now inaccurate and I have more time to save up cash for when I come to collect.
I think you will find the cut off date for ordering MY 18 wrong as Ford extended it, think it was 20th March which could also throw the other dates out as well

I remember reading a thread on the main site about this and how people had been placing order well after the original cut off date
Sponsored