My Whipple Build

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
those look really good! How do you like the new brakes??? I've been thinking about adding them over the winter on mine.
I put them on, drove to dinner and home. Haven't done anything else with the car this year. The last race is this weekend and probably won't make it. Probably drain the E out of the car and park it for the Winter here in a few weeks.

Life has just been crazy busy. I picked up a '40 Ford this Spring that has taken my time/money. Getting frustrated that I haven't found my 9 second pass, so getting discouraged.
Sponsored

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Took the car to Tulsa today for likely their last T&T of the year. First time there.

Ran one pass and broke.

Not sure what's broke exactly.

This was with 3.5" Pulley and VP C-85.
2017-12-03 09.27.03-resized.jpg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Took the car to Tulsa today for likely their last T&T of the year. First time there.

Ran one pass and broke.

Not sure what's broke exactly.

This was with 3.5" Pulley and VP C-85.
Congrats on 145.. that's MOVING. The 9 will come.. keep your head up.

What are your impressions of the baer brakes? Im looking at the rears to run a 15" rear set up.

I understand you have to ditch the E brake though? That sucks.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats on 145.. that's MOVING. The 9 will come.. keep your head up.

What are your impressions of the baer brakes? Im looking at the rears to run a 15" rear set up.

I understand you have to ditch the E brake though? That sucks.
I'm at a loss on the 60'. I'm surrounded by people running 1.4x like it's nothing with a handful of cars in the 1.2x/1.3x. I'm likely not doing anything with the car this year. Dealing with some health stuff, have other projects ('85 swb & '40 Ford), and bought a house last year so lots to do there.

As far as the Baer brakes. Had I to do it over again, I'd probably do the Aerospace Component brakes. I started to tear down the rear and I don't know if it was the crazy f'n tire shake that I got into on that pass, but the bottom bolt on both calipers stripped out. So they need to be heli-coiled to be put back together. There is evidence of the pads eating the rotors because the caliper wasn't tight/aligned.

When I did a burn out on the last pass, only one wheel turned so don't know if I blew up the diff or what. I'm torn on fixing the diff if it is shot or putting a 9" in it like I should have instead of f'n with the stock stuff.

Though...I have thought about going full re re on it and sending it off for 25.x with full interior and next year putting a sleeved motor in it with a turbo and letting it eat...Who knows. My nephew turns 16 in a couple of years and will probably build him a car to run HS drags with possibly the intent of growing into this Mustang.
Sponsored