OP
OP
iffiamj

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
These are crap, and frankly I'm pissed at CJ pony for even selling them knowing that so many are having issues. I ordered mine not knowing that so many are having problems and of course can not get the passenger side to work right out of the box. CJ said they would replace them (I said no, refund them). They said a new updated version was coming. Well, for $75 I am not going to beta test crappy bulbs. These are going back. Wasted my time.
Guys, I had the same problem with my switchbacks, however after talking to Nick from DD, he hooked me up with another pair that was stress tested by them and they seem to work perfectly in my Oxford White.

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
Guys, I had the same problem with my switchbacks, however after talking to Nick from DD, he hooked me up with another pair that was stress tested by them and they seem to work perfectly in my Oxford White.
Thanks. I just spoke with them and they are out of stock now. Will call me when they come back and I am returning the others to CJ to eliminate the middle

Last edited:

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
It was an issue wirh the intiial batch. If you call Diode Dynamics with your order number they should send you the new lights with a RA for the old ones. :cheers:

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
It was an issue wirh the intiial batch. If you call Diode Dynamics with your order number they should send you the new lights with a RA for the old ones. :cheers:
Yeah I appreciate that bud, but I'm returning these since I literally ordered them last week from CJ (not 6 months ago when the initial batch problems happened). I called DD today and they have none in stock. They said they would call me when they have more and I will order direct from them.

I really like the idea of these bulbs and am willing to give a mulligan to vendors when mistakes happen. The part that irritates me is that these were sold knowing that there was a high likelyhood of them not working. This is not how you treat people that you want to keep as customers.

At least DD offered (after prodding) a small discount for the trouble.

THANKS for the info!

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Yeah I appreciate that bud, but I'm returning these since I literally ordered them last week from CJ (not 6 months ago when the initial batch problems happened). I called DD today and they have none in stock. They said they would call me when they have more and I will order direct from them.

I really like the idea of these bulbs and am willing to give a mulligan to vendors when mistakes happen. The part that irritates me is that these were sold knowing that there was a high likelyhood of them not working. This is not how you treat people that you want to keep as customers.

At least DD offered (after prodding) a small discount for the trouble.

THANKS for the info!

Awh well hell. Sorry for the luck bud. Ive got DD switchbacks sitting here next to me. Crossing my fingers i dont have issues! :) just gotta wait for the car to get here

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
Awh well hell. Sorry for the luck bud. Ive got DD switchbacks sitting here next to me. Crossing my fingers i dont have issues! :) just gotta wait for the car to get here
I think your odds are good bud but hey, if you want to drive them up to Forsyth county I can "test" them for you haha!

I think DD is doing their best here with a strange situation and I'm sure they will have this sorted.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
sub'ed as it looks like mine are starting to act up as well after a few weeks. Got mine through CJs.

Can someone let us know when they're back in stock? Thanks.

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
Folks I just spoke with Nick and let me say right now that he has fully restored my faith in not only his company and their technical skills, but his commitment to customer service.

Nick, I truly appreciate the time you spent with me and look forward to being a long term customer of yours. THANKS

P.S. please make headlight LED kits for my Jeep. Those stock bulbs suck!

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Noticed mine flickering today as well. Looks identical to the video from the OP, both bulbs steadily lit then the passenger side will flicker 2-3 times and then a few seconds later the driver side will do the same thing. It's raining so I'll mess with pins when it dries up outside.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Mine were flickering last night. I took them out and ensured all the pins were straight and installed them again. I have not noticed anymore flickering today.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
looks like the new ones have an issue too. They are sending out emails about there being a programming error in the chip that does the switchback, that was not noticed during their in house testing.
Me and a few others who just got ours in the past day or two got this:

Last edited:

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I ordered my switchbacks on June 6 and got the email also. I've had some flickering on a very intermittent basis, so I'll see if they will replace mine.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
I ordered my switchbacks on June 6 and got the email also. I've had some flickering on a very intermittent basis, so I'll see if they will replace mine.
They will deff replace yours, their customer service seems to be on point and they seem like a great group of people, I have already delt with them on a swap out and a refund. My new ones are working perfectly fine but its only been a day ( received / installed yesterday). I am deff not worried about them making it right if things happen, just the inconvenience sucks of having to keep replacing these

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Luckily the install isn't bad at all. If it was something that was more time consuming I'd probably go elsewhere, but I have the patience to deal with this. Only issue I have is I chucked my stock bulbs in the garbage so I'd need a replacement before I send the faulty ones back to them. I'm sure they'll work something out.
Sponsored