'16 Ecoboost 'vert
And a leg and your first born :D
Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=17252]Nordic[/MENTION]
Are you telling us that you had the chance and you didn't buy F430 because of the the rear seats? :doh:

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yes, you get a used Gallardo or a F430 ir a 997 for approx 20 000 € more then what I payed for the Mustang, but I need a normal car in my work so I had to put that into a new Seat instead.
And the Mustang and the Seat will be cheaper per month then the Bmw 530D F11 I had before. Drives 35-40 000 km per year so the milage makes a difference.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
congratz
beautiful Pony
more pics please

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
8th Feb '16
So, the bad ...
- uhm, there are back seats in this thing??
- why do I have truckers mirrors??
- parking camera?! well if only it would keep clean :D

Seriously though, for those following all the posts here you may have noticed my biggest issue seem to be Norwegian cars are getting the US software... which is NOT compatible with EU map cards. I tried to do a voice navigation today to be promptly told it was not compatible with my SD card and to go to syncmyride.com :(

From the outside the mirrors don't bother me too much - though I would have preferred slightly wider mirrors than just simply taller... I now see way too much road and sky :D Though... I also see those lovely "hips" :love:

Oh, and this:

Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
is it possible to embed videos on this site?!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
8th Feb '16
Seriously though, for those following all the posts here you may have noticed my biggest issue seem to be Norwegian cars are getting the US software... which is NOT compatible with EU map cards. I tried to do a voice navigation today to be promptly told it was not compatible with my SD card and to go to syncmyride.com :(
This is really strange! Why they would leave US software in it??

is it possible to embed videos on this site?!
Upload it on youtube and then paste here the URL.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I KNOW! Would love the tribar leds but don't think I can do it :( hard to be without the car for 2 weeks and the cost is rather high... :/

Can't wait for better weather so I can wash it and take some better photos... :D

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Geir,
You should have stayed away from those F-35 and bought JAS Gripen instead, now you are a part of America instead of Europe my sweet brother ;)

Skämtåsido, I belive that software problem will find a solution soon, take care!

Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th Feb '16
So, the bad ...
- uhm, there are back seats in this thing??
-
At the fastback it is even worse:
1)you hit the head at the rear glass (not at the roof) even though you are 1.70 height.
2)you feel more imprisoned because you can't open even the small triangle side window.

Suprisingly the rear seats are more comfortable at the convertible.

Usually it is the opposite.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I also hear even the front seats have more head room in the convertible due to the heavy slope of the fastback roof... good thing since I'm 6'3''... :D

I also heard, photos with top down?

YES! ;)

Haven't heard anything new about the software yet... and this car is a big dustmagnet... :( guess I'll be hanging around the washing hall a lot more now ;)

Also got my first rock chips, and as mentioned elsewhere two annoying scratches on the glove compartment door... (seems to only catch my eyes from the driver position as the camera refused to see them from the passenger seat...)

Last edited:
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
12th April '16
Snow is almost gone and the temps are at 10'C... I convinced myself to drop the top and cruise around.

Gotten a few stares and questions by now... people want to know how much HP it has, and what it cost :D (a lot!). A dad with family in his Tesla Model S P85D drove by... kid inside wasn't too impressed with the toy car I think because he kept oogling the Mustang ;)

Had a little photo shoot for myself next to some snow...

Also tested out my one and only mod so far... now you see it...

Now you don't ;)

Also grabbed a shot of the strange EU homologated seat belt holder on the seats, as I think this is unique to the convertibles and we don't have many of the EU 2016 'verts here?

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Before I forget - that is Craig's custom Mustang bracket... the Original US one. Sure, it doesn't support the entire plate - but the plate itself is aluminium and while it might vibrate a bit at high speed it's so far from the bumper that I should be okay... and if it does start to bend it's cheap to replace ;) (I might even go for an illegal smaller one :D)

I just used 3M VHB tape to stick the plate to bracket. Seems to hold up very well. The brackets holder had some pre-treater included which made the bumbper VERY sticky and that holder is NOT falling off easily as the issues some had with Pichon's EU version... (I also made sure the weather was nice and pre-heated the bumper with a hairdryer and left the dryer to blow for 30-45 minutes after sticking it on...)

I just like the idea of having the option to remove it :) though I probably never will apart from photos...

Used NewMustangDE's Amazon thingies for the back... so floating plates all around. (Didn't use the sticky, actually amazed it's still on there as it is just clipped in place... wasn't sure the placement was good so I wanted to test it before using the tape)
Sponsored