Sponsored

My Half Shaft removal Nightmare and an FYI for future DIYers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Push the half shafts in first, then a sharp tug and they pop out. At least this was my experience.... I didn't pry anything at all.
This right here. Easy and no tools required. I have pulled my driver side shaft 3 times in the last few months swapping between stock, GT350, and G-Force Renegades shafts and they pop right out every time. Try it, you will be surprised how easy it is with this method.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This right here. Easy and no tools required. I have pulled my driver side shaft 3 times in the last few months swapping between stock, GT350, and G-Force Renegades shafts and they pop right out every time. Try it, you will be surprised how easy it is with this method.
Why were you swapping back and forth between GT350 and GForce half shafts? Aren’t the Renegades much stronger than the GT350?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why were you swapping back and forth between GT350 and GForce half shafts? Aren’t the Renegades much stronger than the GT350?
Broke outer stub of G-Force launching off transbrake at ~3200 rpms on well prepped track earlier this year. Borrowed a stock shaft that someone had at the track and did a trackside swap to make it home. Bought a set of GT350 shafts to use as future backups at the track and swapped in temporarily to give back the stocker I borrowed. Sent my G-Force out for warranty repair and then had to swap it back in after getting it back.

This is in no way a G-Force bashing and they stand 100% behind their products and honored the lifetime warranty. Transbrake launches are brutal on my heavy ass car.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Broke outer stub of G-Force launching off transbrake at ~3200 rpms on well prepped track earlier this year. Borrowed a stock shaft that someone had at the track and did a trackside swap to make it home. Bought a set of GT350 shafts to use as future backups at the track and swapped in temporarily to give back the stocker I borrowed. Sent my G-Force out for warranty repair and then had to swap it back in after getting it back.

This is in no way a G-Force bashing and they stand 100% behind their products and honored the lifetime warranty. Transbrake launches are brutal on my heavy ass car.
Good info! I have my eye on the Renegade half shafts and that’s refreshing to hear that they take excellent care of their customers on warranty work.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I recently changed the differential and I had to pop out the halfshafts. The passenger side popped out after 10 minutes of prying and yanking it out. The driver side was a different story. 2.5 hours of prying and banging and yanking, it finally popped out. I was hitting the pry bar so hard with a deadblow that sparks started flying off. On both sides, the only thing that worked was yanking on the halfshaft( Ihad new halfshafts, so I didn't care if I broke the halfshafts, which it did)I still have elbow pain after 3 weeks :))

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pushing them in all the way and quickly pulling them toward me caused mine to pop right out. I had read about another member on here doing it that way and decided to try it during my install. It was way too easy do do.
Sponsored