Sponsored

My Competition Orange V8

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Truth is I have never liked black wheels.
I was gutted when I realised there was not a good silver alloy option (I didn't fancy the lustre ones) and I was stuck with Black Alloys.
So then I has this plan of an orange car with gloss black alloys, roof, stripe, body kit and all the plastic black. So this will be how I imagined my car looking the best part of a year ago!
Good on ya! I was disappointed at the choice of wheels (or lack of) down to accommodating the massive breaks no doubt, but I could do without them for the benefit of having a better choice of wheels.

What your doing is making the best of what you've got and the result will be something you like. Better to have all your black bits in the same finish.

After all it is your car, no one elses!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
After all it is your car, no one elses!
And that's why nobody should judge anyones mod decisions... Unless it's wood panels inside :crazy:.

Truth is I have never liked black wheels.
I was gutted when I realised there was not a good silver alloy option (I didn't fancy the lustre ones) and I was stuck with Black Alloys.
So then I has this plan of an orange car with gloss black alloys, roof, stripe, body kit and all the plastic black. So this will be how I imagined my car looking the best part of a year ago!
Good on ya, I'm the reverse, I love the 5x2 spoke alloys the EB comes with by Default, i'd have pestered like f:censored:k to have got them on a GT had I bought one, coming in second is the GT multi spoke, then the lustre nickel versions, that being said, i've been used to seeing black alloys on my own car for around 2 years now, so it's become quite something i've enjoyed - even if kurbing them is a massive pain!

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Should be getting her back tomorrow.
Just as the roads start getting wet again!!

spoliers painted.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Competition Orange was my second choice in colour after Deep Impact Blue. Unfortunately these colours will soon be discontinued....

Your ride is great, I'm looking forward for some more updates! This will be interesting to follow!

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the rest. I've wanted to do all of the same on my DIB.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Brilliant!

hod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting a GB Mustang 5.0L V8 Auto - Drives RRS
Your car is (sic). Really like that colour.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Best pic I have atm,
Will take some tomorrow
Capture.JPG
To me, this is a million times better than the grey plastic. Looks much more modern and up market. Nice job, look forward to seeing the other pics.

I nearly had this done myself at the time of getting the car detailed/coated, but bottled out at the last minute. I looked into wrapping but apparently 'wrap' doesn't stick to untreated plastic.

Sponsored

hod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting a GB Mustang 5.0L V8 Auto - Drives RRS
Competition Orange was my second choice in colour after Deep Impact Blue. Unfortunately these colours will soon be discontinued....

Your ride is great, I'm looking forward for some more updates! This will be interesting to follow!
The colours has been discontinued about a week or so ago.

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I am really pleased with it.
Its a job to really tell how it looked as I picked it up under the bodyshop lighting and have not been able to really look in daylight.

The side shirt splitters stick out more than I expected (in a good way) and give the car a real GT Race Car look. Rear boot spoiler looks great as does the front spoiler done in gloss black.

To dark to appreciate the rear window spoiler and fog surrounds.

Only downside at the moment, err well there are two really.
Firstly, I am going to have to do something with the upper grill. I didn't want to have it painted but it now needs something. So may change it.

The side stripes may have to go, not sure they look right against the black skirts!!

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

CO Mustang. I just love the colour :love:.

Stevec - keep us updated!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]TJjT7UCA2Dk[/MEDIA]"]

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
How about this from southerncarparts.com ?
Or go for a body colour grill (cut out the standard plastic mesh & fit metal mesh)- racemeshgrilles.com do it.
Looking forward to seeing more pics
image.jpeg
Sponsored