Sponsored

My CO

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Bummer.
Smart move having the originals and being able to swap back. First two rules of mods - keep it reversible, and keep the stock parts.
These rules are stopping me from having my 'side splitters' and other grey plastic parts painted. If they look sh1t or paint starts to chip off, it's a big pain to put right again.

Really do feel the pain of the 'failed mod'. Lets face it, mods generally break the golden 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' rule. So you end up in world of pain entirely of your own making - been there a number of times!!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
These rules are stopping me from having my 'side splitters' and other grey plastic parts painted. If they look sh1t or paint starts to chip off, it's a big pain to put right again.

Really do feel the pain of the 'failed mod'. Lets face it, mods generally break the golden 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' rule. So you end up in world of pain entirely of your own making - been there a number of times!!!
Wrap them then. The reversible-paint job!

Only mod i'd do to 'change' the current car's are replace the exhaust (Catbacks the only one that is reversible)

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Why not? Pretty much everything can be wrapped.
No idea - man on the internet said so - must be true.

People have said the textured effect doesn't wrap well. Maybe also the awkward shape?

I did ask my local wrapping place and they also said they wouldn't recommend wrapping (but didn't say why).

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wrap them then. The reversible-paint job!

Only mod i'd do to 'change' the current car's are replace the exhaust (Catbacks the only one that is reversible)
Axle backs are reversible. Just take it to an exhaust place

On the new ST focus, the exhaust went over the rear axle, they had to cut it when I changed to an aftermarket,
When I put original back, the exhaust place welded a sleeve on one end ( on a bend) and clamped the over end.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not suitable for wrapping apparently. Plasti-dip would be the alternative to paint.
Not what my guys told me. Took pics and got told 'Yep easily wrappable, it's a flat surface' Maybe the texture will effect it a little, but they've said it can be done.

[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] really? I did not know this, I guess some welding or clamps? Looks like like all my planned mods are reversible (Might leave some holes if i do the spoiler though (oops))

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yea, I don't think the holes in the boot lid is reversible, unless you use P38 :headbang:

Not what my guys told me. Took pics and got told 'Yep easily wrappable, it's a flat surface' Maybe the texture will effect it a little, but they've said it can be done.

[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] really? I did not know this, I guess some welding or clamps? Looks like like all my planned mods are reversible (Might leave some holes if i do the spoiler though (oops))

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Yeah, thinking about it, there must be all sorts of shapes, sizes and textures that are wrapped on people's cars. I'll ask the wrapping guys for more info when I see them in a few weeks.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Had my windows tinted today.
I think I like. Got any pics of the back window and also the car from the front quarter to see how dark it makes the interior look through the front window?

Did the fitter make any comment as to how difficult it was?

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'll take a pic tomorrow. Was too dark then they finished
Na he didn't say. I didn't ask lol

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'll take a pic tomorrow. Was too dark then they finished
Na he didn't say. I didn't ask lol
No matter, it's largely irrelevant as living at the other end of the country I'd be using someone different anyway.
I'll assume that as he didn't say it was a b*tch of a job that it was fairly standard.
Sponsored