My Blend date is tomorrow...

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
I’m in the unusual situation of living in Canada and buying a car in Texas. I’m moving down there soon, but for the next few weeks I’m still in Vancouver. However, I will be down there through Jan 5 for the holiday. What do you suppose the odds are of the car arriving before the EDD of 1/11/18?

My Blend date is 12/21/17.

Do they shut down operations for the week of Dec 25-29?

How long does it typically take from Blend to delivery?

After months of waiting it’s going to drive me nuts if it then sits on the lot for 3 weeks. My wife could pick it up for me but that would mean I’m not looking it over before taking delivery. I still fear weird panel gaps etc.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I’m in the unusual situation of living in Canada and buying a car in Texas. I’m moving down there soon, but for the next few weeks I’m still in Vancouver. However, I will be down there through Jan 5 for the holiday. What do you suppose the odds are of the car arriving before the EDD of 1/11/18?

My Blend date is 12/21/17.

Do they shut down operations for the week of Dec 25-29?

How long does it typically take from Blend to delivery?

After months of waiting it’s going to drive me nuts if it then sits on the lot for 3 weeks. My wife could pick it up for me but that would mean I’m not looking it over before taking delivery. I still fear weird panel gaps etc.
Not much chance even if it catches a train to Texas before Christmas due to too many rail changes followed by at least one truck between the final rail hub and your dealer. The shutdown is Christmas week and probably Jan 1 but the people loading rail cars may work the weekend and/or the days between Christmas and New Years.

My build date is also 12/21 and my EDD to North Carolina is 1/13.

For those of us with build dates this week for cars with summer tires the weather forecast for Flat Rock shows temps below 10F Christmas week. The summer tires on my 2015 survived similar temps so fingers crossed that the PS4S's hold up at least as well as the P Zeros did.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Not much chance even if it catches a train to Texas before Christmas due to too many rail changes followed by at least one truck between the final rail hub and your dealer. The shutdown is Christmas week and probably Jan 1 but the people loading rail cars may work the weekend and/or the days between Christmas and New Years.

My build date is also 12/21 and my EDD to North Carolina is 1/13.

For those of us with build dates this week for cars with summer tires the weather forecast for Flat Rock shows temps below 10F Christmas week. The summer tires on my 2015 survived similar temps so fingers crossed that the PS4S's hold up at least as well as the P Zeros did.
No need to worry about the tires as long as it doesn't snow, just watch this video [ame]

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Thanks for the video! I don't want to Hijack this thread but I had no idea the results would be so much in "favor" of the summer tires, especially very high performance summer tires like he used. My only "concern" is compound cracking but I suspect that Ford and others would not ship the cars at temps near zero F if new tires are at risk even if there is risk later as the tires/rubber age with use. As others have stated cold weather shipping is probably why cars with Cup 2 tires don't ship in winter.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My Blend date was the 20th. And my EDD is 1/11 as well but it's coming to SC (I live in NC). I'm getting impatient here! I just want my car! :(

I believe I saw someone on here say their blend date was the 22nd. Which doesn't make sense I thought they'd be closed for Christmas?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaggy

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I think if he had tested cornering on a wet surface he would have got the opposite result.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think if he had tested cornering on a wet surface he would have got the opposite result.
At that temperature, wet equals ice/snow, so he did test it. And at the very beginning of the video he said this is just for testing dry condition, there's no doubt that winter tires work better with ice/snow.

OP
OP
Jaggy

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
At that temperature, wet equals ice/snow, so he did test it. And at the very beginning of the video he said this is just for testing dry condition, there's no doubt that winter tires work better with ice/snow.
I disagree. I’ve lived in the Pacific Northwest almost a decade, our winter is about 3 months of 42 degrees and rain every day. That’s not the same as ice or snow, yet I can tell you from personal experience that summer only sport tires are much less effective then that video may lead you to believe. I don’t mean to be pedantic but it seems like potentially dangerous advice.

Anyhow, my car is now awaiting transport so nothing else matters! :headbang:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The video never said anything about summer tires being better on wet conditions in cold weather, it's all about dry conditions. So there's nothing wrong about the video. Also, wet does equals ice/snow in the temperature he is testing (-4 °C if I remember correctly). I never said wet equals ice/snow in all winter weather.

Also hope you get your car when you are visiting, sucks to have to wait a few months more.
Sponsored