Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just did this set on my GT, I may need to get some axle backs, while this set up to me sounds awesome at idle, under a load it sounds a little to raspy to me.
thinking some Flowmaster Outlaws will solve this for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Just did this set on my GT, I may need to get some axle backs, while this set up to me sounds awesome at idle, under a load it sounds a little to raspy to me.
Thats really weird, I get no rasp at all.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thats really weird, I get no rasp at all.
maybe its just me, i probably got use to my set up on my 13, Boss Mid pipe with open side exhaust, resonator delete, and Roush Axlebacks, to me sounded great

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
maybe its just me, i probably got use to my set up on my 13, Boss Mid pipe with open side exhaust, resonator delete, and Roush Axlebacks, to me sounded great
oh no doubt that sounds sick too man. Im just the type that likes to hear and feel the exhaust when the windows are up LOL

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
get the roush axle back!

Sponsored

Axel_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PP
I'm interested on the roush axle back too, maybe even with an h pype! Really curious to hear the roush axle back with resonator delete!!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'm interested on the roush axle back too, maybe even with an h pype! Really curious to hear the roush axle back with resonator delete!!
me too hope someone does it soon

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

AlphalphaMale

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 370Z
Yep, I just went and picked up a set of exhaust tips that I liked and had them delete the mufflers and put them on.:headbang:

Yep, a resonator or muffler will stop the drone. It does drone in 6th at highway speeds, but I run 3.73s so your experience might be different. But the little bit of drone I get doesnt compare to the awesomeness heard everywhere else. I can live with it :) My catless H piped boosted S197 droned a lot harder so I may be used to it. Ill get some better vid when I can to show the drone.

Would there be benefit from simply doing the X pipe replacement alone, leaving the mufflers? I don't want drone but would want better sound.

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This sounds great and I'm highly considering doing this, my only concern is just how loud is it? I know it's hard to give a description but it seems really loud when you are down the street and coming. I worry it will be too loud and my neighbors, who I don't trust around here, will get pissed off.

AlphalphaMale

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 370Z
This sounds great and I'm highly considering doing this, my only concern is just how loud is it? I know it's hard to give a description but it seems really loud when you are down the street and coming. I worry it will be too loud and my neighbors, who I don't trust around here, will get pissed off.
I agree it's overly loud. What's a happy medium between this and retaining mufflers but getting better sound than stock, I wonder?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550

Honestly to me its not that loud unless you're REALLY on it. Idle and light drive off is fine. Not a ton of drone either. But some people are more sensitive I guess to exhaust noise. My 3 valve with a catless X and straight pipe was TOO loud, this to me sounds just right. Everyone is different though.
Sponsored