Sponsored

MY 2018 Alcantara seats

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT MY19 Velocity Blue - EU version
Hello,

I live in Luxembourg/Europe and we can now order the MY 2018.
I‘ve got one question that no dealer can answer here.

Can the Alcantara seats (in combination with the carbon package) be ordered with the option to cool/heat the seats?

Thank you for your feedback, guys :-)
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
latest?cb=20141015005232.jpg

OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What part of my question did you not understand?

Quesever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5, 2016 BMW R1200R
Pretty clear to me. The California Special (which has Alcantara) in 16-17 had cooled and heated seats. So I don't see why not. Can't confirm for the 18 carbon package though...

OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty clear to me. The California Special (which has Alcantara) in 16-17 had cooled and heated seats. So I don't see why not. Can't confirm for the 18 carbon package though...
Thanks, that was the clear answer I was looking for :clap2:

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I still don't get the hype about Alcantara. I have it on my Microsoft Surface products at work and after just 1 year they are grimy as HELL. I have to clean mine like weekly to look LESS like crap.

I have no idea why you would want this on a seat or interior unless you REALLY love to do detail work.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What part of my question did you not understand?
The Alcantara seats part.

Never knew it was available in a Mustang. Never seen a Mustang with it, never saw it on Ford's site as an option.

OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still don't get the hype about Alcantara. I have it on my Microsoft Surface products at work and after just 1 year they are grimy as HELL. I have to clean mine like weekly to look LESS like crap.

I have no idea why you would want this on a seat or interior unless you REALLY love to do detail work.
In fact, I‘m still not decided to take Alcantara.
I love the look, but I‘m aware of the detail work.

I just want to know if the Alcantara seats are heated/cooled :)

OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Alcantara seats part.

Never knew it was available in a Mustang. Never seen a Mustang with it, never saw it on Ford's site as an option.
Just have a look at Ford.com and configure the MY18. There you‘ve got the choice of Alcantara.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
In fact, I‘m still not decided to take Alcantara.
I love the look, but I‘m aware of the detail work.

I just want to know if the Alcantara seats are heated/cooled :)
Oh they look and probably feel amazing(though you'd have pants on so not sure how that would be "felt" unless you drive without pants). I'd just rather have something easier to keep clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh they look and probably feel amazing(though you'd have pants on so not sure how that would be "felt" unless you drive without pants). I'd just rather have something easier to keep clean.
:)

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Yes they are heated and cooled. I have them in my 2018. They also keep you planted in the seat around corners without being uncomfortable like Recaros.

OP
OP
GTsmoke

GTsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are heated and cooled. I have them in my 2018. They also keep you planted in the seat around corners without being uncomfortable like Recaros.
Good to know :)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Had an microfiber "alcantara" sofa once...ended up throwing it away after 2 years. Garbage for any high wear areas....I wouldn't wan't it on any daily driver.

AGM2018

Had an microfiber "alcantara" sofa once...ended up throwing it away after 2 years. Garbage for any high wear areas....I wouldn't wan't it on any daily driver.
FWIW, I have the split Alcantara/leather seats in my 2016 Nissan Maxima SR...and I really like them. The heating and cooling works better (in my opinion) than the heating and cooling did on my previous 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium. The Alcantara does have to be cleaned often, but it isn't that difficult to keep it looking nice; and after two years, it has worn very well and is still very comfortable and hugs the body comfortably in spirited driving. If Ford permitted substituting the Alcantara for leather in the premium packages, I would select it over leather...and so might a few other people. BUT...YMMV! :headbang::clap2:
Sponsored