Mustang order cycle times - spreadsheet

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Not through Prix Car now. they have changed over to Ceva.
The change over has caused a few delays.
Mine was with Prix car in late October 2016
Sponsored

Reddnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MV5TNG
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible Magnetic
Not through Prix Car now. they have changed over to Ceva.
The change over has caused a few delays.
I enquired with CEVA and they advised me that my car was shipped to another location. When was the CEVA changeover?

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Ford started using CEVA in the new year.

My car landed in Melbourne on the same day as yours, and was delivered to the dealer (in Wodonga) on the 24th Jan.

The CEVA tracking system seems to have more than its fair share of bugs. As of Sunday, my car was still listed as planned to be transported from the CEVA depot to Wodonga. This, despite the fact I was driving it on Sunday.

There have been some serious delays at Webb Dock (Melbourne) since the start of December. Not sure why, but my dealer also said it has something to do with contamination but Ford don't give the dealers any information so they are as much in the dark as we are.

Reddnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MV5TNG
Vehicle(s)
Ford started using CEVA in the new year.

My car landed in Melbourne on the same day as yours, and was delivered to the dealer (in Wodonga) on the 24th Jan.

The CEVA tracking system seems to have more than its fair share of bugs. As of Sunday, my car was still listed as planned to be transported from the CEVA depot to Wodonga. This, despite the fact I was driving it on Sunday.

There have been some serious delays at Webb Dock (Melbourne) since the start of December. Not sure why, but my dealer also said it has something to do with contamination but Ford don't give the dealers any information so they are as much in the dark as we are.
What I dont understand is that the CEVA tracking using the VIN number I was assigned to by Ford says the car was delivered to another dealer on the 27th of January.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Don't know what to say about that... weird.

Perhaps your dealer needs to work a little harder and have his stock controller chase the car?

Sponsored

Reddnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MV5TNG
Vehicle(s)
Don't know what to say about that... weird.

Perhaps your dealer needs to work a little harder and have his stock controller chase the car?
Cheers mate I'll follow up with them!

EDIT: They have forwarded there enquiry to the stock controller, do they work for Ford?

Last edited:

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: They have forwarded there enquiry to the stock controller, do they work for Ford?
The stock controller works for the dealership. He/she should be all over it.

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Received NSC code today after emailing the dealer. No VIN yet though, but it's a step closer :D

Reddnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MV5TNG
Vehicle(s)
The stock controller works for the dealership. He/she should be all over it.
They have told me that I should receive the car late next week. They said that CEVA are useless and that my car is at the ford pre delivery service area. It's a shame its taken this long considering it arrived on the 7th.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Hey everyone! finally got around to doing a bit of an update :)

I've fallen into the "trap" of checking Cotus/ETIS at least once a day (more like 20 times on Thursdays/Fridays)! No build date yet though.

Received NSC code today after emailing the dealer. No VIN yet though, but it's a step closer :D
Great to hear! It's really exciting to get the NSC; you finally feel like it's real! When did you order? I'll pop the details into the sheet :)

As far as the delays go with deliveries, it's not just Mustangs. Ford also had a ship full of other vehicles held up at the docks. We're looking at getting an Escape as well (to offset the fuel consumption of the Stang haha).
I spoke with the New Car Sales manager at the dealer as it was supposed to arrive mid-January; He advised that, officially, the delays are due to a quarantine issue. Unofficially he reckons there is probably an issue with CEVA.

In any case, I just took a trip up the coast to Sydney and spotted a few of the CEVA transporters loaded with new Fords (no Mustangs). Looks like things have started moving again!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ordered 15/07/2016
NSC 2/2/2017
I have it on good understanding it should be here in June so I shouldn't be too far away from a VIN etc but will let you know when that happens.

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
As far as the delays go with deliveries, it's not just Mustangs. Ford also had a ship full of other vehicles held up at the docks. We're looking at getting an Escape as well (to offset the fuel consumption of the Stang haha).
I spoke with the New Car Sales manager at the dealer as it was supposed to arrive mid-January; He advised that, officially, the delays are due to a quarantine issue. Unofficially he reckons there is probably an issue with CEVA.

In any case, I just took a trip up the coast to Sydney and spotted a few of the CEVA transporters loaded with new Fords (no Mustangs). Looks like things have started moving again!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

It could be due to where the vehicle is in the holding yard.
I had a Ranger at eastern region VHC that was requested 28/12/16 that arrived 20/1/17.
Another also at the same VHC, requested 5.00 PM 12/1/17, and arrived 17/1/17.
Both came in on the same ship.
Might just be the first one off the ship goes into the far back corner of the holding yard and is then one of the last out?
Or that might just be some bullshit story told to me by a truck driver.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
got my vin today!! stoked! 02/02/17

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Sigh mine is still sitting at Baltimore since the 28th. Might get a ship allocation eventually.
Sponsored