Mustang handling

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
What ya need to fit 305 square? Will they fit on a 10 inch wide rim?
well I just bought a set of used GT350 rims, the front are 10.5 inch. I think the Mach 1 HP front rims are also 10.5 inch. The rears are 11 inch. Of course you need the proper offset too, just look up the specs of those rims for offset or to create a "square set up" you'll need spacers and longer studs up front. Without creating a shit storm of tire "expert" d-bags, yes, in my opinion, you can run 305's on a 10 inch rim, lot's of corvette guys do it and track their cars, no problems. I've met them and talked to them about it at the track.
Sponsored

Waycool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/ford/mustang/ford-s550-mustang-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide

For wheels check the guide above and shop around, anything handling wise you want to step up to at least a 9.5 wide wheel in all four corners.

Almost all handling builds are square setups. For the S550 chassis generally 285/35-19 is pretty common (19x10 wheels). Start there and see what others are using on the forum. The eco high performance pack comes on 265/40-19 tires, so that might be another size to experiment with.

Tire compund wise will depend on whether the car is your daily and if you have storage for more sets of wheels.
This sounds pretty solid. On my car I went with Pedders Extreme coil overs. dropped ride height an inch maybe? Lower center of gravity helps. locking your rear end down helps tons. Predictable is good stuff. Camber links, vertical links, toe rods, sway bar..... Lock down your differential IRS support braces. (stop the hop stuff) That said when you start trading in stock suspension components for aftermarket upgrades your ride wont be as comfortable. (especially when you are trading soft bushings for spherical bearings.) One caveat, every 3 months my camber links start squeaking and it is the most annoying sound ever.