Sponsored

Mustang Dyno Tests

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got a Mustang Dyno done today. 1st run was with Ford Racing Touring Exhaust, 2nd run was with JLT intake and Lund tune added. I was pretty disappointed in the numbers but I guess the Mustang Dyno is typically 10-15% lower compared to the Dyno Jet’s.

Just a quick look if you add 12.5% to my numbers the top HP comes out to 388 and Torque at 370 so I’ll just believe those lol. ***Update here I did a DynoJet and got 391 HP and 375 TQ.

Going back Monday to get a custom tune. (Auto, 3.15 gears and no performance package.)

1st Run – 335 HP, 329 Torque (I’ll get graph next week)
2nd Run – 345 HP, 329 Torque

Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Your JLT and Lund tune only picked up 10RWHP and 0 TQ? That seems way off...You have an auto as well, so they dyno less vs. M6's.

How does it feel driving before and after the mods?

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yea, that part doesn't seem to make sense. They said there's a bit of room left when they do the custom tune so we'll see. It did feel like it opened up a bit when accelerating but didn't get to drive it much yet.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Cool. Keep us posted!

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I will be flashing my 15 auto with a Lund tune and JLT later this week, definitely hoping I see more then 10rwhp/0tq increase.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
From many posts and tests I've seen on here with the exact same setups I think my results are an outlier for some reason. Was expecting 370-380 base and 400 after (using DynoJet numbers).

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
^did you take any datalogs? I'm sure Lund would review them and see if there was some room for improvement.

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm not sure what info they all took but since they are going to do a custom tune next week I'll see how that goes and ask for any catalogs. I'm tempted to go run it over to a DynoJet.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
From many posts and tests I've seen on here with the exact same setups I think my results are an outlier for some reason. Was expecting 370-380 base and 400 after (using DynoJet numbers).
Mustangs read lower than dynojets. I suspect it would be quite unlikely to pull a 370 stock on a mustang.

I'm more surprised about only 10hp and no tq gains.

This guy had pretty close to your baseline but picked up 42hp with intake and tune. Shouldn't really compare dyno numberes, but something does seem off with your tuned results.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21282

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was trying to say 370 if it was a DynoJet instead of Mustang (I didn't know it was a Mustang when I was comparing everyones beforehand with my expectations). That gain seems really nice compared to mine lol. Something just has to be off with TQ gain of 0, doesn't make sense.

Looks like people were talking about 4th or 5th gear in that other post, is there a way I can tell where mine went to?

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I was trying to say 370 if it was a DynoJet instead of Mustang (I didn't know it was a Mustang when I was comparing everyones beforehand with my expectations). That gain seems really nice compared to mine lol. Something just has to be off with TQ gain of 0, doesn't make sense.

Looks like people were talking about 4th or 5th gear in that other post, is there a way I can tell where mine went to?
You'd have to ask the dyno operator what gear he did the run in.

Though, one would assume he used the same gear on both runs - so I don't think that will explain your gains.

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh, ok. I'm going to try and put it on a DynoJet before I go back just to see what it says. Just as a side note we were going to do a test in-between intake and tune but he said it needed the tune to run properly after the intake install.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Oh, ok. I'm going to try and put it on a DynoJet before I go back just to see what it says. Just as a side note we were going to do a test in-between intake and tune but he said it needed the tune to run properly after the intake install.
Unless you do a before and after on the dynojet as well, it isn't going to tell you much.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Strange indeed. Like others have said, not to worried about the dyno number, rather the difference in baseline to tuned/JLT?

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Just to clarify for me, when you say autos dyno less, that is just because you can't hold a gear right? Still make the same HP but can't record it? I'm looking into a auto but don't want a underpowered car.
Sponsored