Mustang differential

coyote._s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hasan
Vehicle(s)
17 ecoboost/19 gt
One simple question I search the Internet and couldn’t find the right answer that satisfies me dose my 2019 GT premium 10 speed non pp has the same differential as the pp but different ratio ? What what are the ratios on both of them
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Yours has a Traction-loc limited slip with a 3.15 gear ratio. A PP has a Torsen limited slip and a 3.55 gear ratio. Hope this answers your question

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I thought all overseas variants got 3.55 traction lok diffs as they have no Torsen option no matter what car you buy, i may be wrong but i am sure thst's the only fitment here in Australia and i didn't think the German car differed.

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I thought the Torsen only came in the pp1 and 2 and were 3.73 `s only.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
All non-US market had trac lok LSD.

In US, manual performance pack cars had 3.73 Torsen, auto Performance Pack cars had 3.55 Torsen. Non PP cars had different gears but all with Trac-Lok

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought all overseas variants got 3.55 traction lok diffs as they have no Torsen option no matter what car you buy, i may be wrong but i am sure thst's the only fitment here in Australia and i didn't think the German car differed.
All non-US market had trac lok LSD.

In US, manual performance pack cars had 3.73 Torsen, auto Performance Pack cars had 3.55 Torsen. Non PP cars had different gears but all with Trac-Lok
This is my understanding based on the export / euro spec cars :like:

It gives the export manual cars an extra kick in the balls … :frown:

WD :like:

RedSangAust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Hmm Sounds Good.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Not to totally highjack, does anyone know why frp doesn't offer the pre-assembled torsen 3.73 dif anymore?

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
you do not want a torsen diff if you are mostly straight line racing.
Mike, I've read the Torsens are less durable to violent launches than other differentials, but besides that, are there any other reasons that Torsens are not ideal for straight-line acceleration?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, I've read the Torsens are less durable to violent launches than other differentials, but besides that, are there any other reasons that Torsens are not ideal for straight-line acceleration?
I wouldn’t interpret ‘less durable’ as being weak :like:

I think (without a freak incident) you would be hard pressed to find anyone with less than 1500 whp, slicks and a prepped surface breaking a Torsen - OK, I guessed at the 1500 whp, but it’s just not a failure you hear of :like:

I don’t think any of the sub 10 second stangs have been rushing to swap out the diff - including 500’s that come with the Torsen (rather than a heavily tuned GT that might have come with a trac loc).

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t interpret ‘less durable’ as being weak :like:

I think (without a freak incident) you would be hard pressed to find anyone with less than 1500 whp, slicks and a prepped surface breaking a Torsen - OK, I guessed at the 1500 whp, but it’s just not a failure you hear of :like:

I don’t think any of the sub 10 second stangs have been rushing to swap out the diff - including 500’s that come with the Torsen (rather than a heavily tuned GT that might have come with a trac loc).

Okay, I get it, the Torsen is plenty strong. So let's put durability to rest then.

But in terms of driving performance, why do I see people suggest that a limited-slip is better in a straight-line than a Torsen? I'm just trying to understand that bit.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Is Traction-Loc a type or brand of differential? I just assumed it's Fords marketing name for posi trac.

My 2019 non PP car with an A10 came with 3.55 gears stock.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But in terms of driving performance, why do I see people suggest that a limited-slip is better in a straight-line than a Torsen? I'm just trying to understand that bit.
Because the torsen will spin one wheel under some circumstances. The trak-lok will spin both all the time unless it is worn out.
Sponsored