Sponsored

Muffler delete suggestions

FuRa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost Metallic
Im deciding on having a muffler delete on the ecoboost
I just wanted to know if the sounds would differ if i were to put smaller diameter pipes or larger diameter pipes
Tbh i want to know the perfect size for the delete so that i get the best sound possible :)
Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
It is my understanding that once the mufflers are deleted, the rest of the piping going out to the tips doesnt really affect the sound all that much. I am going to do the muffler delete this weekend and I am going to keep the 2.25" stock pipe size after I cut the mufflers off, then run it back to like 3.5" or 4" tips.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
For my muffler delete, I've 2.25" piping just like stock, and reused the stock tips. My concern was that going to a larger diameter piping would make it too loud, as I'm quite considerate of my neighbors and such. But my other reason was that a mufflerless 2.25" system would flow better than the stock setup.
[ame]
I do wonder if different size exhaust tips affects the final sound any.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
If you're just doing a muffler delete, whatever shop does it will probably use same diameter piping.. there's some bends right at the muffler, to fit a bigger diameter tube in that short of a section would probably be more trouble than it's worth and will most likely do absolutely nothing..

I did the muffler delete on mine, the straight pipes put in place are the same diameter as the rest of the exhaust and the tips are 3.5''

[ame]

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
delete the resonator instead of the muffler. or delete both and throw in a glasspack to get rid of the raspiness lmao. regardless the DP is still extremely restrictive in terms of perfomance, flow, and sound.
Sponsored