Muffler delete/resonator delete oudness in decibels

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the stock mufflers with an X-pipe. I personally really like the sound, its loud enough to be noticed when pushing it, but not obnoxious at all. Mainly did it because it saves some weight, stock resonator weights 30+ pounds, X-pipe was 14 I believe. Not much but trimming fat is trimming fat.
Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Why not add a set of electronic exhaust cut outs on it and have the best of both worlds at your finger tips!

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Muffler and resonator delete will be loud all the time.
I have an H-Pipe and no mufflers, I don't find it loud all the time. If I'm cruising, it's very livable, can have hassle free conversations. If I move quickly through the RPMs, yes it's very loud and aggrsssive. At WOT, it's race car loud.

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2015 GT
I have the stock mufflers with an X-pipe. I personally really like the sound, its loud enough to be noticed when pushing it, but not obnoxious at all. Mainly did it because it saves some weight, stock resonator weights 30+ pounds, X-pipe was 14 I believe. Not much but trimming fat is trimming fat.
I'd have to leave the resonator/muffler on anyway, I'd have it cut from the top and replace the pipe inside and close it again because switzerland doesn't allow any exhaust modifications unless it's a tested exhaust system approved by switzerland (there's only 1 which is barely louder than stock).

Why not add a set of electronic exhaust cut outs on it and have the best of both worlds at your finger tips!
I would love to but if the lovely police sees anything that could have to do with electronic cut outs you'll have to remove them plus you get fined and you get a meeting with the street law boys to check if you really did go back to stock, so I need to stealth delete the resonator or mufflers.

I have an H-Pipe and no mufflers, I don't find it loud all the time. If I'm cruising, it's very livable, can have hassle free conversations. If I move quickly through the RPMs, yes it's very loud and aggrsssive. At WOT, it's race car loud.
Yes that's true I was also able to have normal conversations the car is isolated very well but 30+ minutes on the highway resulted in every person in the car having headaches I guess that's just personal preference, for me it was too loud but then again there's people running full straight pipes.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Here are my comparison videos.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]y3_OFh3GiYQ[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vrvGVt2991U[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went for the resonator delete, not x or h pipe but "normal" straight through so 2 separate pipes. I have to say the tone is very nice but it's not loud enough so if someone can't decide if muffler or resonator delete, go for the muffler delete.

I'll keep it like this for a few weeks to see if it grows on me and if not I'll put the resonator back on and get rid of the mufflers.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

[ame]

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Weight savings is only about 7-8 pounds. Stock resonator weighs 15 pounds and FRPP x-pipe weighs about 7.5 pounds. But you're right, trimming fat helps.

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I liked the resonator delete but as it was too quiet for my liking I put the resonator back on and put straight pipes into the mufflers. Result = absolute perfect v8 sound, deep aggressive tone all the way up to redline.

On straight roads you can keep it really quiet, as soon as the road goes just a bit uphill and the engine has to work a bit it'll be louder but still managable. Well if you step your foot on it and a not so nice policeman pulls you over then you're screwed.

Definitly a good mod but whoever wants to do a muffler mod just go buy some mufflers and don't delete them because drone is definitly there and it's too loud for areas with strict noise laws (shoutout to switzerland).

Would I've done it if I knew it's gonna be that loud? No
Worth it? Hell yes
Sponsored