Sponsored

MT82 to 6r80 Swap

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
so whats the cost of an auto swap? is it actually 9k?
Me and Ken came up with some figures and with a mixture of new and used parts,also using a f150 trans with stock convertor that it could be done for just a little over 2k.
Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
it does seem like it would be better to trade in for an auto for a 4k difference. but i guess depends on how much you already have invested in the car
True. Though if you already have an aftermarket clutch, driveshaft and shifter those can be sold to help offset the costs. You'd already be able to sell your MT82 for 800-1000

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
True. Though if you already have an aftermarket clutch, driveshaft and shifter those can be sold to help offset the costs. You'd already be able to sell your MT82 for 800-1000
Absolutely,u can offset alot of the price if u dont blow up your mt82.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Were you able to get the remote start feature to work now? Also when using the as built for the pcm how did you apply the ivd for the transmission module? And when programming the other modules like abs, bcm, rcm and such are you using the same as built for the auto or just using your own Vin? Sorry for all the questions.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I loaded the transmission solenoid strategy using the mongoose pro pass through tool and the ford fas software. I think you just need to flash the PCM reset pats then update the codes in the other modules using for scan. I had to input the vin from the auto in my IPC, BCM and and modules in for scan to get it to work correctly.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Never got remote start to work. I ordered an auto key but it was a different FCC, so not really compatible. Stop caring after that point...

I used a J2354 pass through device I got on amazon, they are expensive. Used it to program the ABS, BCM and PCM with a subscription to FMP. I promptly returned the tool afterwards. I tried everything I could to retain my original VIN during the setup, but it would not take. Had to use the VIN of a similarly equipped auto. After that had someone with IDS and the dealer login to reset PATs.

I was concerned about yearly inspections and the VIN not matching, but at least here they just scan the sticker to pull the VIN and check it against the physical VIN tag.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I was able to maintain my original vin on my car using the procedure detailed in my DIY MT82 swap thread.

BOOSTED_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Me and Ken came up with some figures and with a mixture of new and used parts,also using a f150 trans with stock convertor that it could be done for just a little over 2k.
Care to share those details and what year f150 trans will work?

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Okay I have a few questions for the guys that went through this. I just did the swap. I'm using a 50 anniversary auto for as built and I have everything working but now my cluster is showing mirror cross traffic error. I have a base performance pack mustang and I assume the auto Vin I'm using is a premium package? What do I need to do to fix this? Use base auto as built for bcm? Or IPC.
Sponsored