Sponsored

Mr. Squeaky Breaks

Eperezs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
is this a recent recall or something?!? did they specify? because ive taken it to dealer twice to address issue and they say "its fine".... "breaks look ok"...
Yeah I pick it up today , I was looking around a lot of other 5.0 have the same issue, my dealer said it was under warranty. And would replace it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
There's been a TSB for brake squeal on non PP GT and PP EcoBoost, nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

how do I get my dealer to realize this?

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Show them the thread , if I get the paper stating the work that was done I'll upload a picture.
thanks [MENTION=21711]Eperezs550[/MENTION], I just wasn't sure if they would believe/consider a forum conversation at a dealership lol

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
If you have a non-PP GT or a PP EcoBoost with a date of manufacture prior to sometime in February of 2015, and you have a brake squealing issue, then TSB 15-030 probably applies to you.

The TSB calls for the front rotors to be replaced with a new part number, and a new set of front pads (same part number) to be installed.

I had this done last April on my 10/2015 built GT with 10,000 miles on the odo. Today, at 23,000 miles it is still quiet as a mouse.

All that said, if your car was built after the February cutoff, it already has the new style parts - you are looking at some other problem.

Search the forums for 15-030. Someone posted a picture of the TSB, you can read it for yourself. (never mind, I found it - see attached)

Good luck
TSB 15-030.jpg

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You said your car was a GT with Performance Package.

The TSB does NOT cover the PP cars.

Your dealer will tell you to pound sand because the TSB doesn't cover GTs with the PP.

As suggested, buy some quieter front brake pads (ie, ceramic).

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Your dealer will tell you to pound sand because the TSB doesn't cover GTs with the PP.

thanks for the insight. why would it cover the standard 5.0L and not the PP one?? but it covers the ecoboost PP? do you think if I showed the dealer that TSB image they would replace? because that is clearly the issue and its bullshit that I have to pay out of pocket for new pads on a brand new car....

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
thanks for the insight. why would it cover the standard 5.0L and not the PP one?? but it covers the ecoboost PP? do you think if I showed the dealer that TSB image they would replace? because that is clearly the issue and its bullshit that I have to pay out of pocket for new pads on a brand new car....
Probably because the GT PP cars have a unique brake setup and are using a pad better suited to high performance or track driving. Pads capable of standing up to track temperatures can make noise, this shouldn't come as a surprise. The TSB more than likely isn't covering the GT PP cars because there's nothing wrong with the brakes as they are. If silent brakes were so important perhaps you shouldn't have bought a car with a package that included brakes suitable for track use. I'm not trying to be a dick, but people shouldn't buy something clearly designed with a mind towards a specific purpose and then complain about the fact that a performance-oriented feature isn't as quiet as the standard setup.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Unless I suddenly went illiterate the post above yours shows the TSB and says "5.0 and 2.3L WITH performance package..." Without a differentiation it's implied in writing that the "and" means both motors with PP. They can't deny you a TSB because the dipstick who wrote it doesn't know proper grammar.

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Unless I suddenly went illiterate the post above yours shows the TSB and says "5.0 and 2.3L WITH performance package..." Without a differentiation it's implied in writing that the "and" means both motors with PP. They can't deny you a TSB because the dipstick who wrote it doesn't know proper grammar.
I was thinking that same thing when I first read it.... that's why I figured I might be able to convince the dealer and pull one on them..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Probably because the GT PP cars have a unique brake setup and are using a pad better suited to high performance or track driving. Pads capable of standing up to track temperatures can make noise, this shouldn't come as a surprise. The TSB more than likely isn't covering the GT PP cars because there's nothing wrong with the brakes as they are. If silent brakes were so important perhaps you shouldn't have bought a car with a package that included brakes suitable for track use. I'm not trying to be a dick, but people shouldn't buy something clearly designed with a mind towards a specific purpose and then complain about the fact that a performance-oriented feature isn't as quiet as the standard setup.
I understand what you're saying. but if you heard my breaks...smh. its not like its a faint sound that's tolerable. sometimes its faint but other times its insane loud SCREEEEEETCH like im slowing down a rusty school bus from 1985 lol :headbonk:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I understand what you're saying. but if you heard my breaks...smh. its not like its a faint sound that's tolerable. sometimes its faint but other times its insane loud SCREEEEEETCH like im slowing down a rusty school bus from 1985 lol :headbonk:
Mine do the same thing. I have a 2016 PP and anytime the weather is above 50 degrees I get a squeal during low speed braking.

FasterHorse15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 3.7L RUBY RED METALLIC
I have the same issue with my 2015 V6, squealing since 2000 miles and the dealer says brake pads are fine just that they are metallic high performance and i have "less than average" miles on this, it will always have that noise.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking that same thing when I first read it.... that's why I figured I might be able to convince the dealer and pull one on them..
Yeah, the way it was written has been beat to death on other threads about the TSB.

What is meant by the TSB is that it applies to:

• GTs ... and,
  • Ecoboost with PP
That is because the GT and the Ecoboost with PP have the same exact front brakes.

The GT with PP has entirely different front brakes.

Go to the dealer with your complaint of squeaky brakes on the GT with PP and they will run your VIN and come back and say the TSB does not apply to your car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go safely do a few of 60 to 0 MPH hard breaking episodes. That usually will quiet them down for awhile.
Sponsored