Sponsored

Motor Trend Really Doesn't Like The New Mustang

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
This. Plus when they rates the zl1 better than the Shelby after the Shelby pretty much slapped it around like a little bitch. It's beyond obvious.
What article was that? What did the GT500 do better?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
better straight line speed

Actually, it trumped the zl1 in all categories. Better straight line speed, faster lap times on the track they chose. There where others also but I don't recall them all.

However, the caveat was that it did it due to sheer power. The zl1 had faster entry speeds and better braking but is so short on horsepower let that it couldn't make up the straights. Sorry, but you can't test two cars and one smack the other around no matter what if/ands/buts you throw out. That's like Earnhardt finishing first but giving the title to Gordon because "he had better entry speeds".

Frankly, the cars where built for two very different reasons and targets in mind. That's one fact that many, if not most, people forget when comparing cars nowadays.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Cause he said bitch?
Big "MEN" promoting violence to women is wrong, it's not funny, cute or edgy. It's wrong! This is a great fourm, let's keep that way.

Funny if I said "God Bless You" people would say "Hey that doesn't belong". What a world,

DeColores

Sponsored

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
Big "MEN" promoting violence to women is wrong, it's not funny, cute or edgy. It's wrong! This is a great fourm, let's keep that way.

Funny if I said "God Bless You" people would say "Hey that doesn't belong". What a world,

DeColores
Really? Wow! The ignorance is strong in this one.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP

DeColores

I don't even know how to respond to this level of self-righteousness... In no way or form is that remark even related to domestic violence. Ever heard of a little thing called context?

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
What article was that? What did the GT500 do better?
Here's the video, too. Note, too, that Randy Pobst says the GT500, with better brakes, is the "better car for track work" and "probably" the better street car, because it's better balanced. I guess, because Motor Trend and Randy Pobst are the litmus test for head-to-head comparisons, the GT500 was the superior car when compared to the ZL1? That definitely wasn't the consensus, if I remember correctly; I guess it only applies when it tells one what they want to hear. It's funny because, with the 2015 Mustang GT PP, it's as if the roles of the various outlets are completely reversed.

Here's a snippet of Randy's comments on the Shelby GT500:

Here's the whole video:

[ame]

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda

DeColores
:headbonk:

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

DeColores
I Wife :lol: at this exchange and suggested this....

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6

DeColores

Actually, say that all you want. I don't do politically correct and I don't expect it. I live my life and expect others to do that without getting their panties in a wad every time I slip up and say something that's supposed to be offending to someone. I don't care. If I don't like what you say, I'll ignore it instead of running to the PC police, and I expect you to do the same of what I say. I happen to have a very pretty, very smart, very well educated woman in my life who I don't slap around like a little bitch and she thinks I treat her exceptionally well, and don't need some internet feelings cop telling me otherwise because of something I typed when no emotion (funny or otherwise) could be seen or read.

I'm sure you've never ever in your life even thought a thought that wouldn't offend anyone ever, huh

All that said, it's just a saying. Get over it.

I'm sorry, DeColores, if you didn't like it, but i won't censor myself of minor things like that. Hell, I've told my small female boss the same thing and she laughed and promoted me.

I really don't like the extreme political correctness expected in society.
Back to topic now!

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Actually, it trumped the zl1 in all categories. Better straight line speed, faster lap times on the track they chose. There where others also but I don't recall them all.

However, the caveat was that it did it due to sheer power. The zl1 had faster entry speeds and better braking but is so short on horsepower let that it couldn't make up the straights. Sorry, but you can't test two cars and one smack the other around no matter what if/ands/buts you throw out. That's like Earnhardt finishing first but giving the title to Gordon because "he had better entry speeds".

Frankly, the cars where built for two very different reasons and targets in mind. That's one fact that many, if not most, people forget when comparing cars nowadays.
You might want to watch that video again, because what I saw was no dominant gt500. The only thing I saw it beat bad was the 1/4 mile, everything else they gave to the Camaro. They did say the gt finally got the faster lap, but every lap after it kept getting slower where the zl1 had consistent lap times every lap. Races are not won on one lap. Plus they gave the zl1 better real road driving. So I don't know if you saw another video, but that was no dominant video I saw.

HotRod

Stangbanger in exile
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
1995 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 2006 GT Vert
I hope that os the case.

This is a pure business plan of Ford. I'm sure they will add more power and cut some wight for 2016 or 2017 models to push more sale.
I wish their business plan had included less weight from the outset. There are so many things about the current car that I love but the I don't begrudge the author his opinion. I feel that these fellas who test cars for a living don't necessarily dislike Mustangs or Ford in general but genuinely wished for greater things from the Mustang. Mazda Miata has been a car magazine / driver favorite since its debut but it too took a hit a couple body style or two ago regarding weight gain. Granted no one accused them of out and out dislike for the car or brand, the fanbase and following for that car is not as passionate as that of the Mustang. From 2010 to 2014 Mustang was lighter and more fun than Camaro despite giving up a few horsepower (non Shelby/Roush models) but still recieved far more favorable reveiws. Shoe is on the other foot now. It will Switch again.
Sponsored