ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I want to try out how it handles a little bit more before I give a full review. The ride when cruising down the road though has been tested. I drove from Valdosta to Orlando and Orlando to North of Atlanta. It lowered my Mustang about an inch. I plan to put it through the car wash after work and post some pictures tonight.
perfect! I look forward to the review for sure.
Sponsored

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have a strange question, opposite of what most people ask for:

Where I live, the roads are about equal to the condition of the roads in Bagdhad circa 2003. After throwing on my summer tires, the ride on my car is just too rough to enjoy some days. Is there an aftermarket option for a more comfortable ride? I'll sacrifice handling and what not.

It's a daily driver with stock suspension.
I’m with you in the need for a better ride( or better roads) I have 18” all season Pirelli’s on mine and there going to get replaced soon. My plan is to get the Conti DWS06’s and probably go from a 235/50 to a 235/55 for a little taller sidewall. I’ve read the Conti’s have a little softer sidewall as someone else said. As an added benefit it should make my speedo a little more accurate as it reads a little faster than I’m actually going now.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
My suspension goal has always been to have a more comfortable. The first thing I did is install Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts with the Steeda Billet Shock Mounts. This improved the ride comfort by a huge amount. I would also get the Steeda Bump Stops which improve the ride quality almost as much effect of the shocks, struts & shock mounts. After adjusting the shock & struts about 10 times mostly to find out what effect the different settings have I found that I like them set at 3/16 turn from full soft front & rear. Full soft is too bouncy, you need some rebound stiffness to remove as much of the bounce without making them to stiff.
As for springs I have tried both Steeda Progressives and BMR Minimum Drop springs and I found that I liked the non-PP springs that came on my GT the best. Better tires will also improve the ride quality. I have 255/45-18 Pirelli P Zero All-Season Plus on Apex EC-7 18x9 wheels. These tires have a lot better ride than the stock P Zero Nero's. I like the setup I have far better than the ride my GT had when I bought it new.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Seeing as how your on the stock non-PP suspension, nothing will be softer than that (besides air like previously mentioned but those are $3,000+ setups)
This is the problem, the stock setup is very soft on the rebound but the initial shock rattles your teeth. I went from non-PP base suspension to a Ford Performance kit that by all means should be much stiffer and more uncomfortable but it has the exact opposite effect.

The horrific surface of the pike no longer makes me feel like my spine is trying to exit through the back of my skull. The base setup is literally the worst of both worlds, as it lacks both performance and comfort.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
This is the problem, the stock setup is very soft on the rebound but the initial shock rattles your teeth. I went from non-PP base suspension to a Ford Performance kit that by all means should be much stiffer and more uncomfortable but it has the exact opposite effect.

The horrific surface of the pike no longer makes me feel like my spine is trying to exit through the back of my skull. The base setup is literally the worst of both worlds, as it lacks both performance and comfort.
It's not the non-PP springs it's the poorly designed shocks and struts that are the problem. Better shocks & struts will change the ride quality more than you might think possible. I like the Steeda adjustable's they match up well with non-PP springs. I don't have the dash vibrating on rough roads any more and the ride quality is excellent.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It's not the non-PP springs it's the poorly designed shocks and struts that are the problem. Better shocks & struts will change the ride quality more than you might think possible. I like the Steeda adjustable's they match up well with non-PP springs. I don't have the dash vibrating on rough roads any more and the ride quality is excellent.

I don't think I said anything about springs specifically, I was definitely talking about dampers.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Here is my Mustang after having Steeda's Comfort Suspension installed. It is about an inch lower. This weekend I plan to drive on a road that will allow me to fully try out how it handles.
Lowered Mustang.jpg

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Here is my Mustang after having Steeda's Comfort Suspension installed. It is about an inch lower. This weekend I plan to drive on a road that will allow me to fully try out how it handles.
I like the way it sits a lot. I'm interested in hearing what you think!

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I finally had a chance to try the handling of the comfort suspension package and it put a big grin on my face. I was handling 35 MPH corners at 60 MPH. It felt connected to the road, with no lean, and no feeling I was approaching the grip limit. I will say this is the best improvement I have added to my Mustang. When you are just cruising, it is more comfortable and when you push it, it will put a smile on your face because of how much fun you are having.
Sponsored