Sponsored

Moisture Issue - Again?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So about a year or two ago, I had a water leak on the passenger side rear seat. It ended up being the 3rd brake light.

Now, I have the same issue on the drivers side. I haven’t hit that area of the car with any type of high water pressure when washing.

I am a little concerned when looking that the “seam sealer” area between the body and windshield now has a second area that has cracked.

Has anyone had a brake light fail twice and leak?

Has anyone had a confirmed leak from this body sealer around the rear glass?
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You can buy paintable 3M seam sealer and possibly fill the crack and just Dr. Colorchip the seam. No explanation for the light in the rear except knowing that over torque on installation can deform plastic and affect the seal, but I’m guessing.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You can buy paintable 3M seam sealer and possibly fill the crack and just Dr. Colorchip the seam. No explanation for the light in the rear except knowing that over torque on installation can deform plastic and affect the seal, but I’m guessing.
I think that’s probably my issue. May have gone too tight on the new(er) light and too much sun and heat cracked it. I don’t see any cracks on the outside, but won’t be shocked to see something once it’s apart.

The good news is, it seems replacement lights have gone down in price some.

Thanks for the suggestion on the 3M. Luckily we are finally getting out of the wet season this time of the year.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think that’s probably my issue. May have gone too tight on the new(er) light and too much sun and heat cracked it. I don’t see any cracks on the outside, but won’t be shocked to see something once it’s apart.

The good news is, it seems replacement lights have gone down in price some.

Thanks for the suggestion on the 3M. Luckily we are finally getting out of the wet season this time of the year.
Sure are. You’re local, yes, some nice weather. This sun is brutal. If I can help in any way PM
me.
Sponsored

Last edited: