Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have that (and the shift indicator).

If the above option doesn't help give me a shout and I will see if I can help - I'm a little hesitant as I am a Euro / UK / RHD spec but I'm not sure that would make a difference ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I am very curious about Forscan but I take a half step back when I hear the admins are in Russia? Not sure if that is a good idea. Also, does this void the warranty?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am very curious about Forscan but I take a half step back when I hear the admins are in Russia? Not sure if that is a good idea. Also, does this void the warranty?
I'm a little cautious with it and have only done very basic mods that 'shouldn't' affect anything :
  • Swapped the splash screen to ford performance.
  • Changed the number of momentary indicator flashes.
  • Activated the auto door locking when you drive off.
  • Activated the diff temp gauge.
I've not changed or added any equipment to the car, just altered some setting for what was already there and activated some standard features that ford choose not to do on the UK models (auto door locking and diff temp gauge).

I would be happy to argue the point with Ford in the instance of a warranty claim related to anything I have changed (suspect I would loose though ...lol).

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would be happy to argue the point with Ford in the instance of a warranty claim related to anything I have changed (suspect I would loose though ...lol).
Ford can't void your warranty after a cosmic ray flipped some bit because Ford didn't provide sufficient cosmic ray shielding. :wink:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes, I have that (and the shift indicator).

If the above option doesn't help give me a shout and I will see if I can help - I'm a little hesitant as I am a Euro / UK / RHD spec but I'm not sure that would make a difference ?

Thanks, I do have one question for you... Does your car allow you to change the numerical tach to indicated gear? Since my car is manual, changing the bit to "6" does nothing. The default value was "2". Can you tell me what the first digit on yours is on this address? PS My car is a 19+, so it has rev matching and the gear sensors, and the bullit on that video is a manual and shows it. (It's enabled under the gear icon, display settings, tach)

Display Selected Gear (Auto only)720-02-01*XXXXXXXXXXX2 = Disabled (manual)6 = Enabled (Auto trans)

*I don't think RDH would make a difference. Thanks so much for your help!

FWIW Those values would be consistent with the final 2 bits each being an on/off for one of those features. F would turn both on.
Changing the bit to "F" worked perfectly, enabling both. Thanks so much @HoosierDaddy

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I do have one question for you... Does your car allow you to change the numerical tach to indicated gear? Since my car is manual, changing the bit to "6" does nothing. The default value was "2". Can you tell me what the first digit on yours is on this address?

Display Selected Gear (Auto only)720-02-01*XXXXXXXXXXX2 = Disabled (manual)6 = Enabled (Auto trans)

*I don't think RDH would make a difference. Thanks so much for your help!

Changing the bit to "F" worked perfectly, enabling both. Thanks so much @HoosierDaddy
Yes, photo from when I was trying to sort the diff temp gauge :

E027-D5-F9-D2-DE-4-ACE-B17-F-FBEF6-B9543-B4.jpg

That option is changed through the normal dash interface rather than ForSkin.

From memory the options that you can select from the dash are blank / rpm / gear. RPM seemed a bit pointless as it moves too quickly. Blank looked a bit boring.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes, photo from when I was trying to sort the diff temp gauge :

E027-D5-F9-D2-DE-4-ACE-B17-F-FBEF6-B9543-B4.jpg

That option is changed through the normal dash interface rather than ForSkin.

From memory the options that you can select from the dash are blank / rpm / gear. RPM seemed a bit pointless as it moves too quickly. Blank looked a bit boring.

Unfortunately, I'm missing something else as I only have the option for digital numerical tach on/off (checkmark). I don't get the sub menu to enable gear display when clicking on it. If you have a chance, can you post your full string for that address? 720-02-01

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Will do - absolute earliest will be later today though as I need to get on my personal PC :like:

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm a little cautious with it and have only done very basic mods that 'shouldn't' affect anything :
  • Swapped the splash screen to ford performance.
  • Changed the number of momentary indicator flashes.
  • Activated the auto door locking when you drive off.
  • Activated the diff temp gauge.
I've not changed or added any equipment to the car, just altered some setting for what was already there and activated some standard features that ford choose not to do on the UK models (auto door locking and diff temp gauge).

Which line/what needs to be edited to change number of momentary indicator flashes? Also, what is code for Ford Performance splash screen?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which line/what needs to be edited to change number of momentary indicator flashes? Also, what is code for Ford Performance splash screen?
Here's what I used on the indicators :

1624549841150.png

And this for the Ford splash screen :

1624549787895.png

1624549804555.png

These are only my notes that I saved from search's on here. I seem to recall having some issues with the splash screen and theme combination (I wanted the Lincoln grey) so I gave up on the Lincoln theme. In hindsight not having the Lincoln theme doesn't bother me though as my car is always on carplay and I have set that to black i.e. no blue on the dash once everything has booted.

If you want to see the ford performance splash screen you can just about see it on this video :

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I'm missing something else as I only have the option for digital numerical tach on/off (checkmark). I don't get the sub menu to enable gear display when clicking on it. If you have a chance, can you post your full string for that address? 720-02-01
Will this do you :

1624562927224.png

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Will this do you :

1624562927224.png

Awesome, I will have to compare and test, at a glance it looks very different... Does your car have any other packages? (BLISS, auto cruise, etc) I don't see many other things using that particular address.

Again, thank you so much for helping me decipher these!!! here's a virtual :beer:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No problem :like:

We don't get blind spot in the UK but we get adaptive cruise and lane keeping as standard.

Our package's have different names than yours but the way I understand it is that its a PP1 (minus a few key bits) and a premium and they come standard with the digi dash and active exhaust.

My additional options are the B&O + nav (they lump them together) and MR. I should also mention the Recaro's - they are powered in the UK but we don't get the heating or cooling.

I'm not sure of any other euro / RHD changes that could effect the programming but I wouldn't be surprised as Ford did some dumb stuff with the UK setup :

Missing the diff gauge off even though they went to the trouble of fitting the sensor and wiring etc ... ?

Missing off auto lock even though pretty much every UK car since the mid 90's has done it as standard ... ? lol

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
No problem :like:

We don't get blind spot in the UK but we get adaptive cruise and lane keeping as standard.

Our package's have different names than yours but the way I understand it is that its a PP1 (minus a few key bits) and a premium and they come standard with the digi dash and active exhaust.

My additional options are the B&O + nav (they lump them together) and MR. I should also mention the Recaro's - they are powered in the UK but we don't get the heating or cooling.

I'm not sure of any other euro / RHD changes that could effect the programming but I wouldn't be surprised as Ford did some dumb stuff with the UK setup :

Missing the diff gauge off even though they went to the trouble of fitting the sensor and wiring etc ... ?

Missing off auto lock even though pretty much every UK car since the mid 90's has done it as standard ... ? lol

Wow, yeah... Powered Recaros huh? That's new to me. Mine are all manual. Cool, let me check it out and post out findings. Thanks again!

@WD Pro Edit, nope... No luck. Tested the first two chars, as the other values seem to be for other non related functions. (Lane Departure, outside air temp, hill assist) so, no clue at this point. Need to go back and read some more :)

Last edited: