Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I know that you can open the .ab file with the Text application on Windows (right click, use the Open With and choose Text). When you open it you will see that this is a very simple file, basically text organized a certain way for FORScan to be able to read it. You can edit it, but I do not know if it will maintain its format when you save it, so that it can be used by FORScan. You can try it if you want and let us know.

Also, yes, you can upload it to your car using FORScan. There is a youtube video that shows exactly how to do it. I don't remember the steps and I don't have the link handy, but if you search on youtube I am sure you will find it. If not, let me know and I will send you the link later (I have it on my home computer).
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
We still don't have a simple way to do a full backup with forscan, right? We msut save each module separately IIRC

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Thanks for the advice. I think I can upload the .ab file with my mongoose pro using the ford module programming software. Does anyone know what the Information Center Module below is? Itis in my Performance pack as built data and the 50th anniversay data. I think it may be associatied with the oil pressure and vacuum guage.

Information Center Module
ICM* 784-01-01* 2000* 0000* 00AD*
ICM* 784-01-02* 0000* 008E*

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
We still don't have a simple way to do a full backup with forscan, right? We msut save each module separately IIRC
I guess not yet. I did a backup of each module separately over the weekend.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for the advice. I think I can upload the .ab file with my mongoose pro using the ford module programming software. Does anyone know what the Information Center Module below is? Itis in my Performance pack as built data and the 50th anniversay data. I think it may be associatied with the oil pressure and vacuum guage.

Information Center Module
ICM* 784-01-01* 2000* 0000* 00AD*
ICM* 784-01-02* 0000* 008E*
I have a 50 Yr AP / PP also and have the same values there. I'm not sure what they are, wouldn't it be nice if we could modify them to read boost in the info center and other things? I wish I knew how to figure out what all the locations could do. It's a mystery to me how people figure these things out. I could simply change something but would have no idea what to look for then or where to look.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have a 50 Yr AP / PP also and have the same values there. I'm not sure what they are, wouldn't it be nice if we could modify them to read boost in the info center and other things? I wish I knew how to figure out what all the locations could do. It's a mystery to me how people figure these things out. I could simply change something but would have no idea what to look for then or where to look.
Is your car an auto?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
That's pretty much how I have been doing it.

I'll try and dig around this weekend and see if I can find anything that may work. I will be suprised if it is not in there somewhere. Nearly every other Ford I have driven gives the option to show temp in the gauge cluster.
Did anyone ever locate a way to display outside temperature on the gauge cluster? This would be nice now that AA/Carplay effectively block that out.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Just had this come up today "unable to identify vehicle...Please contact developer." wtf

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Just had this come up today "unable to identify vehicle...Please contact developer." wtf
I had the same problem. I emailed the developers and this was the reply which works just fine for me:

Hello,

Thanks for the logs.

This is some kind of standard issue for Mustang - PCM tune. FORScan recognizes vehicles using information stored in PCM's VID block, but majorioty of tunes change it. Here is a version with workaround that should recognize your Mustang:

http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.9.test20170425.exe

Regards,
FORScan Team

Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
that did the trick.... thank you..... wonder why it happened.... it worked fine when tuned before.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Thank you Built4Speed, I've been having the same issue, I'm going to give it a try with this on the weekend, thanks again.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Modules not showing up with Mongoose J2534

Has anyone tried to use for scan with a mongoose J2534 pass thru. I hooked mine up and only saw a few modules. I am curious if I missed a setting or something. This device should have the capability to see all the modules. I have attached pictures of what I saw. I also tried to modify the as built data for the item below to show the GT350 snake and I was able to make the change but it didn't change anything.

APIM * 7D0-02-01* 5553* 0902* C04A*
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
On first look it seems you're only looking at High-Speed CAN (HSCAN).

Is there a MSCAN option anywhere?
It looks like MSCAN is not supported with this device. I guess I wasted my money on the mongoose. I think I may still need it to flash my new PCM. Does for scan have the capability to flash a new PCM?
Sponsored