Vehicle Showcase
GT350
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
For 42k you could get a brand new 2018-2019 800 hp 10 speed auto whippled mustang from lebanon ford just fyi. Would be more like 48k with pp1 and other options though if you wanted those.

https://www.lebanonford.com/lfp-800hp-mustang.htm

I believe they also offer hellion kitted cars for around the same price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Only concern would be if your car was super reliable and used as a primary car - the used 350 could be a concern.
It is a concern. I bought my GT brand new and I’m a maintenance nazi, down to only chevron gas. 3 years, 63k miles, I just had my first issue with the car. A/C compressor is shot. Not bad at all for 3 years of driving. When buying used, you’re at the mercy of how the first owner took care of the vehicle so it’s always a coin flip with reliability when buying used.

Edit, after thinking some more about it, if you got the gt350 and didnt mod it, it would be a better idea financially.
If I did mod it, it would be very minimal, E85 tune and gears.

Also, the 10 speed is not boring its more fun than any manual ive had.

I have more fun paddle shifting with my 10r80 than the tr6060 though. Drag mode lets you rip the tires off just as hard on shifts if you want and sport mode is perfect for maintaining traction
I had the below 2019 Mustang GT for a rental for 3 days so I got an in-depth look at the gen 3 coyote and 10-speed. I will say this, it lived up to hype. The 10-speed transforms the Coyote and nullified it’s biggest weakness, which is low-end torque. It was the best auto transmission sports car I’ve ever driven and that car flies. It would crush my 2016 GT w/manual trans. With that said, even with all the advantages of the 10-speed, I still missed the manual transmission.

15yvl7q.jpg

2015-2017 MT82 is pretty darn durable. Steel forks and a lot of little improvements from the 2011-14 ones. 72k here and still shifts perfectly with the MGW shifter. The trans isn't the root cause of issues people have the vast majority of the time, it's shifter and clutch. Stock clutch still just fine too at 420-440 whp and 7500+ rpm shifts depending on the fuel I'm running.
Knock on wood, I’ve had zero issues with my MT82. I’ve read the horror stories that others have had, but mine has given me no problems. Still shift as well as the day I drove it off the dealer lot. Even though, I would gladly take the tr6060 over the MT82.

At over 60K miles, I wouldn't want to throw too much money at your GT, not that 60K is particularly high mileage but I'd be looking to get into something fresh/low mileage in the near future.

Low mileage GT350 for a smoking deal sounds like a good plan.
Here’s the dilemma I have. After 3 years with my 2016 GT, I’m getting the new car bug but I absolutely love my car. I love the way it looks, sounds, and drives. The looks of the 2018-2019 GT never grew on me. Don’t like the way the new Camaro SS looks. I love the looks and power of Challenger Scat Pack, have had one as a rental and loved it, but my time for purchasing one has passed. Very curious about the C8 Corvette but that’s looking like it’ll be a $65-$70k vehicle. M4 is more than I’d like to pay. I just don’t see any vehicle on the horizon that I would want more than my 2016 GT, outside of a GT350. I could easily afford one in the $38k-$42k range.

For 42k you could a brand new 2018-2019 800 hp 10 speed auto whippled mustang from lebanon ford just fyi. Would be more like 48k with pp1 and other options though if you wanted those.
I know all about the Roush supercharger package w/warranty from Lebanon Ford. The issue with the 2018-2019 is purely subjective, I just don’t really like how it looks. When pictures were first released, I thought it looked hideous. Now that I’ve seen it on the road over the past year, it’s grown on me a little. Instead of thinking it’s hideous, I’m simply indifferent to how it looks. Don’t particularly like it, but don’t hate it. After driving one for 3 days, it cemented my thought that the 2015-2017 is an infinitely better looking car. I loved how the 2015-2017 looked from the first picture that was released in 2014 to the first one I saw on the road. It’s one of those rare vehicles I liked everything about it look wise, where I said I have to own one the moment I saw it for the first time in person. Because of that, I could never own a 2018-2019 GT.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I know all about the Roush supercharger package w/warranty from Lebanon Ford
The Whipple or Hellion option would be a completely different animal than the Roush though.

Back in the end of 17 when I bought my 18GT if there would have been these kind of options in my area knowing what I know now I would have been all over it.

Now it's like go after market fi or hope a gt500 falls in my lap like a year after release :cwl:

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I was in the same situation...I had a built 17 and was either going to twin turbo it or trade it for a gt350. I ended up ordering a gt350 and putting my 17 as close back to stock as possible and trading it for the gt350. That was a year ago and here I am today with a day old 19 A10 ready to start the building process again. I would stick with the gt and build the hell out of it if i had it do over again. The gt350 was fun but, I enjoy modding my cars. I feel like I need to leave the gt350 alone and not mod it for what it is. Throw a power adder on the gt and have fun! Regardless of what you hear, the Shelby’s are not worth what everyone claims, hence why your finding them for the prices you are. I’ve always heard “oh, the Shelby’s hold value” well first hand experience that’s not the case. Do whatever you want but I’m going back with a gt and building it. Now a GT350R would be a different story. If I could pick one of those up at MSRP I’d do that and keep it but otherwise I’m building a regular ol gt premium. Just my opinion.....

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll stick to my guns and again say that if you are spending time at a racetrack, the Shelby is worth it. Otherwise, mod the GT.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Agreed

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
If you know the history of your current GT and you love everything about it, why even consider buying a 350? Spend the money on your current car making it what you want it to be. The GT350 is going to drop in value just like any other used car. Maybe not at the same rate, but buying one as an investment is not good business sense. If you are wanting the Voodoo engine, get it. But If you love your current car and are now out of warranty, why not keep it and make it cool? That's my .02

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I'll stick to my guns and again say that if you are spending time at a racetrack, the Shelby is worth it. Otherwise, mod the GT.
Are there any actual significant differences between the GT and GT350 other than suspension components and tires? He could probably make the GT handle just as well or better than the gt350 by adding lowering springs, adjustable dampers and some lightweight wheels and tires I would think. Maybe throw in a carbon fiber hood for some weight reduction up front too. If you wanted to sell it after all that though then it could be hard to sell for a good price.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any actual significant differences between the GT and GT350 other than suspension components and tires? He could probably make the GT handle just as well or better than the gt350 by adding lowering springs, adjustable dampers and some lightweight wheels and tires I would think. Maybe throw in a carbon fiber hood for some weight reduction up front too. If you wanted to sell it after all that though then it could be hard to sell for a good price.
Already done here. Those brakes are magnificent though. As a package the GT350 is fantastic for that.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The GT350 is the sum of all the parts that come with the car, engine + non mt82 transmission + suspension + brakes + tires. You would have to spend on all of those to replicate what the GT350 can do. In the end it would probably be money better spent going with a GT350 (IF the person hasnt bought either car). If you already own the mustang gt and its paid off that would be the cheaper route. But again, the resale value will be less on the GT. Also the GT350 right out of the factory looks great, you will need to spend a couple of Gs to make a regular GT look that good. That is just looks, then there is the handling.

the 2018 with an a10 is a different animal, but on a road course the GT350 will still be superb. I know the 2018 s550 (non gt350) weigh more than the previous s550 cars too, so that is another reason to go GT350.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Have you guys been watching the used GT350 market? I’m constantly seeing low mileage (10k-30k) 2016-2017s in the $38-$42k range. Now that my 2016 GT is over 60k miles, out of warranty, nothing is holding me back from the modding game. But at those prices with the GT350, it almost seems better in the long run to trade the GT in for a GT350. Thoughts?
I say mod your car. Especially if it's paid off! 5k will get you to FBO...you'll obliterate a stock GT350... in a straight line.... Around corners is a different story.

Another option is to just trade your car for a 2019 GT PP1. You pretty much get all the updates and refinements of the GT with a little less power. Run a tune on the 2019 you'll be right there with it. Plus you reset the warranty...

If you buy a GT350 at 30k miles to daily thats not really a good investment. Most likely the cars out of warranty. Or he wouldnt be selling it... At 60k you drive around 20k miles per year. So you're looking at a year or so before you're in the same boat you are now with an out of warranty GT350... With a 2019 you have 3 years...

Gt350s really shouldnt be daily driven man. Apart from the fact that you're absolutely trashing the collector value, the car itself isnt as ideal a street car as a GT.

I dont care how cautious you are at some point you're going to pull into Wal-Mart, or a restaurant the wife is gonna be talking about something random and you'll forget about the front splitter and tear your front bumper up... Stuff like this u never think about with a GT as you always have a 0.25" gap over parking lot humps... Plus random curbs, shitty roads, construction, nails in tires... Not to mention morons who run into you, key your car, and all the other bullshit humans do. While still a factor with a GT the GT350 attracts a tin of attention mostly negative...

Tires are another major problem while us GT guys are used to paying alot the GT350 guys are way worse off you're looking at 400.00 per tire every 10k miles if you're lucky...

The GT350 is a car you buy to add to the family its not a replacement for the GT. the fact that you have 60k on your clock means u actually drive your car...

Keep the GT mod it, save then buy a GT350 as your second car, use it for track days and road trips. Its happier on a nice clean racetrack anyway...

Other option if you want reliability and speed Keep your car stock and buy a Yamaha R1... You can get a used R1 for like 4k... 6-10k will get you a bmw s1000rr, pannigales etc...

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Also check the classified here there are some insane deals assuming you have cash or outside financing... A guy is selling a supercharged monster with 727hp for mid 30s... If power is what you want that's the car to buy...

He has like 9000 miles on it too.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
To get a GT to a GT350s level for the track is gonna cost way more than the GT350...

Also yes there is a huge difference... The Voodoo engine and the tranny it comes with is basically a scaled down version of Gods left testicle...

The oil coolers on the diff and tranny are also a big big deal. The stock GT won't go more than 15mins on a tight technical track without going into limp mode. once you ACTUALLY start driving it... Ask me how I know... Plus the heat coming off the tranny runs the risk of grenading the clutch if it doesnt barbecue your legs first.

A GT is fun as hell on a racetrack, but it's a street car... If you want to track it you'll need to swap a few parts...

All that said you don't need a fast car to have fun at the racetrack... And these cars are way way more than capable stock for a beginner or casual person. The mods you'll be doing will primarily be preventative... Handling wise the cars fine but the GT350 is better

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys been watching the used GT350 market? I’m constantly seeing low mileage (10k-30k) 2016-2017s in the $38-$42k range. Now that my 2016 GT is over 60k miles, out of warranty, nothing is holding me back from the modding game. But at those prices with the GT350, it almost seems better in the long run to trade the GT in for a GT350. Thoughts?
I think it depends what you mean by "modding". Are you okay with sub 500whp? If that is the case the GT350 would be great considering the performance gains, but I don't see the point in trading if you are going to want more power and end up boosting the 350 versus keeping the gt and making it faster than the 350...
Sponsored