Sponsored

MM caster camber plates.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I have cc plates installed with my cj springs. I'm getting a creaking sound up front at slow speeds when turning. Speeds under 5 mph. I put the car in the air today and when back over everything to verify springs are seated correctly and all bolts are torqued correctly. Everything was right. Any ideas on where the creaking might be coming from? It doesn't seem to matter if on flat ground or uneven ground still get the noise. Car handles great and alignment has been verified good just a couple months ago. He noise has been there day one.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have MM plates with BMR performance springs, no creaking here, aren't the CJ springs a progressive spring? which are known to make noise.........

OP
OP

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
The cj's are a progressive spring and yes I was able to torque to spec. 76ftlbs is what I did. I made sure shaft didn't move.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Dang, I got nothing bro. That's been the culprit for many. Good luck.
Well thanks for trying. It doesn't bother me much but I'd prefer no noise. The car preformed flawless at the track. Only limiting factor is my lack of driving skill.

OP
OP

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Well tonight I found the issue, seems to be the lower and upper strut seats were busted on the driver side. I could of done this installing them or it could of been done when I initially let Firestone align it and they called and said they couldn't figure out the camber plates. I'm leaning toward I somehow did it.

Lower seat missing tab that holds it in place.

Upper seat cracked the plastic part.

At least it's only 20 bucks in parts.
Sponsored