Sponsored

Missfire: Cylinder 8 Missfire: Multiple Cylinders

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Mine just started misfiring yesterday during a 6.5 hour road trip. I was afraid it was going to leave me stranded, so I stopped at a dealership to get it checked out. They had determined it was a cracked spark plug and fixed it, but not even an hour later it started misfiring again. I'm hoping it's not a cracked IM, but it is covered under warranty regardless. It's just frustrating that a car with 13,xxx miles is having this kind of issue.
If it worked for about an hour after the new spark plug then maybe the coil was bad to begin with. Maybe after the dealer touched the coil in order to remove the spark plug it somehow worked again (bad connection?)
Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
That sucks. Yea many people have reported the dealer replacing all plugs and switching coils until they finally hook up the diagnosis tool and drive around. The whole bank on the cracked side will throw codes. The CEL codes only come up as multiple cylinders of p0308 (cyl 8). I believe it's the driver's side of the manifold that usually cracks.

In either case, bring it back. You don't want to be sucking in unfiltered air.
Oh for sure, I plan on telling the dealer about the possibility of the IM whenever they give me a status update either later today or tomorrow. I just have to figure out a way to get all the way back home now. I might have to have my dad come rescue me, and then drive back up next weekend, or whenever it's ready.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Update: Got a call from the dealership this morning, it is the IM. Add another one to the list!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Update: Got a call from the dealership this morning, it is the IM. Add another one to the list!
Hi Muff Muff

It appears these intake manifolds made of plastic-thus it could be a weak plastic weld from the supplier.

Never was a big fan of plastic parts on top of a hot engine!!

Thanks

CVCAshmere
Sponsored